Kimber

Replaced factory mags with Wilsons- runs flawless. Issue is the barrel- six months old and rusting. Tried Flitz- no success.

Call Kimber. Mine rusted like a month later and Kimber fixed it for free.

Replaced factory mags with Wilsons- runs flawless. Issue is the barrel- six months old and rusting. Tried Flitz- no success.

You mean like this?

i606.photobucket.com_albums_tt141_2001SportTJ_bde0c5a3_1.jpg

Kimber didn't do anything for me. They have terrible customer service, it's one of the reasons I will never own another Kimber.

Grrr! Probably gonna have to return my Kimber for service. I expected better at this price point... If the issue isn't resolved, I'll be posting it here cheap.

Thanks for listening.
Swapped the mags for Wilsons- runs flawless. Problem- the barrel has corrosion. Tried Flitz to no avail.

You laugh, but the only weak point I find in Kimbers are the factory mags. I wanted one recently, but the slide release would not work. Then I got them to change the mag. Problem solved. New Kimber for me.

I have found that Wilson Combat mags solve several different problems that can crop up with 1911s.

i dont laugh. i know 1911s inside and out. i know several different ways to solve every different problem that can arise with them. i know what a mag swap can do for one.

Back
Top Bottom