• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Kimber

no don't like pos guns...
For a 1k gun it shouldn't have the fit and finish of a pt1911. Jmo

That actually says a lot about Taurus. They make a heck of a 1911, just that darn billboard on the slide gets me. Pull one apart and compare to any of the mass produced 1911 pistols, shoot it against others not just 1911's. Taurus makes a really good 1911 and offers a lot of value to the shooter.

i50.tinypic.com_212sbo7.jpg

i48.tinypic.com_2z9cx7m.jpg

Before commenting, let's see how you're treated? Any pistol can have an issue, it's the company's reaction to your complaint that matters.

Up front, Kimber lost me as a customer more than 5 years ago. There's too many customer oriented manufacturer's to support now. Yea, I'm biased against any manufacturer that touts quality in their billion dollar ad campaigns and delivers nothing more than they do.

My comments are based on 3 different new purchase Kimber firearms that were defective. The last, a pistol that shot nowhere near point of aim. All I got was "send in targets with the slide only and we'll adjust it for you. I restated to them that it wasn't an issue with the sights. There wasn't enough slide to drift the sight to where this pistol shoots at 30'. It was obvious after speaking with 3 people and their refusal to accept more than the slide, I was done. I returned to where I bought the pistol and traded it back at a loss just to be rid of the headache.

You can't buy as many new firearms as I have in my 50+ years and not get one with an issue from time to time. I accept this as taxes and death, it's gonna happen. The bottom line for me is always how the manufacturer reacts when any customer such as myself has a concern with one of their products.

That's the thread that'll count here. The results of your treatment by this "pretty face" company. Hopefully for you their "no service department" has improved.

That actually says a lot about Taurus. They make a heck of a 1911, just that darn billboard on the slide gets me. Pull one apart and compare to any of the mass produced 1911 pistols, shoot it against others not just 1911's. Taurus makes a really good 1911 and offers a lot of value to the shooter.

I agree about the Taurus 1911's. The one example I own, a stainless .38 Super shoots great. Overly tight does not equal a quality build. A properly fitted 1911 works from the box. Hell I can put together a tight one. I want one that's properly fitted.

Any time a company says their 1911's require a break-in period, they ain't doing what's required to build an upper tier pistol.

Grrr! Probably gonna have to return my Kimber for service. I expected better at this price point... If the issue isn't resolved, I'll be posting it here cheap.

Thanks for listening.
I hope you have the integrity to state the issue in the listing, when the time comes.

I hope you have the integrity to state the issue in the listing, when the time comes.
Please read through the posts. I've responded twice to the issue of rust on the barrel, hence the integrity. Now people await to see how Kimber responds. They open today at 9:00 EST, so I'll be giving them a call. I'll keep you posted.

He did several post later, it was rust on the barrel. Gun functioned fine. Another had similar issue recently and Kimber replaced the barrel without belittling the consumer or ignoring the issue.

All of the big names have had their ups and downs. Customer service is extremely important. Alienate your consumer base and a loyal following of detractors will rise up. It's safe to say Kimber cultivated an unhealthy relationship with the buyer of past.

Please read through the posts. I've responded twice to the issue of rust on the barrel, hence the integrity. Now people await to see how Kimber responds. They open today at 9:00 EST, so I'll be giving them a call. I'll keep you posted.
Ok im sorry as so many other posters im lazy :)

Back
Top Bottom