• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kitchen cookware ideas needed- brand

davis211

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
27   0
Reaction score
I know nothing about kitchen cookware other than the wife complaining about what she currently has. The stuff is kinda mixed/matched with a heavy old iron skillet being her go to pan. What’s something that’s good, nonstick & light? I’d like to get a really nice multi piece set for her since she cooks daily.
Thanks.

Best suggestion is DO NOT buy your wife kitchenware for Christmas if that is your intention. That heavy old iron skillet has been used for hundreds of years and is still the best.
Take her to store and let her pick what she thinks she likes and will use.

Another vote for NOT buying kitchenware for your wife. Maybe you’ll get lucky and pick something she likes, but if your luck is anything like mine you’ll get her something she hates. LMAO!

Me and “Miss BangBang” came to an agreement years ago that she doesn’t pick out tools or electronics for me and I don’t pick home items for her.

Also another vote for that old iron skillet beating anything you can buy these days. I’ve got an iron skillet that was passed down to me when my grandmother passed away. No idea how old it was when she got it, but that thing is so well seasoned that it’s smooth as glass.

I wouldn’t trade it for a full set of modern cookware.

Macy's is a great place to shop for cookware sets. They've got a great Black Friday sale going on now.

Ceramic lined pots and pans are the rage these days, as many folks are trying to move away from Teflon and Teflon-like coatings due to health concerns. The health concerns are completely overblown, but manufacturers are still reacting to the marketplace, with ceramic coatings on their latest non-stick offerings.

Good advice given here OP, if you don't cook, don't try to pick the cookware. My wife cooks one thing, chili, I cook everything else,(and am fine with that). Would not let my wife pick out cookware, she doesn't understand what is needed. Same with you if you don't cook, you don't understand the performance parameters necessary for this type of equipment.

Look in the cupboard to see what assortment she has. Buy a well-reviewed set that at least covers the range of pots and pans she already has. If it's a name brand from a well known retailer, they'll sell individual cookware pieces of the same brand/set that she can add later.

And if she doesn't like them, take the set back for refund or exchange.

It's not rocket science.

Back
Top Bottom