• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Knee surgery

I've had several spinal surgeries and 2 shoulder. My first shoulder surgery was almost unbearable but I'm told the knee is extremely painful to have surgery on but it heals quickly

HAVE HAD 2 REPLACEMENTS. WORSE PAIN I EVER HAD. BUT DO THE THERIPY OR YOU WILL BE WORSE THAN YOU WERE. AFTER 6 MONTHS NEVER HURT ANY MORE I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN. GOOD LUCK.

I had a knee replacement 8 weeks ago. It's not a piece of cake, really bad pain, do what your doctor says, take you pain medicine, especially doing rehab, you can't rehab unless you do the medicine. The rehab is very painful but it has to be done. I had a torn lateral meniscus in 1993 and had it fixed and lasted until I had bone on bone and then the knee replacement.

Had mine done 18 years ago. A lot depends on age, use, and exactly what they do to fix it.

Mine was while I was in the military and the doc repaired it instead of removing it. Was stiff and tight while it was swollen. But healed up nice. No real problems since then other then standard over use swelling and sometimes the weather will screw with it.

My only real problem came from when I injured it initially and didn’t know how bad it was, due to my stature. So I can’t sit cross legged without a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have total two knee replacement and I know what I am talking about. Get the ice recirculating machine off the internet and get a stationary bike and you will not need any therapy. You can set the seat on the bike to stretch the knee and do it on your own. If you go to therapy with a swollen knee which it will be, than it will hurt and is not what you want.

Surgery today at 7am. So far no pain. I can feel the incisions but the pain of walking is gone. Walking some around he house. Icing knee 20 minutes an hour and keeping it elevated. Managing the pain with meds. I hope tomorrow is just as good as today.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and feedback. They were the same as doctor instructions.

Back
Top Bottom