• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knife Pass Around - ESEE 4

So ive had this knife for a few weeks now and have played with it as far as an everyday use and function. took it to work a few days, chopped a few things in the back yard and compared it to some Esee's I already had.

test blade is top right and the next 2 are my own blades(ESEE 3MIL, and Izula EDC) which i was able to compare a few similarities and differences.

Esee 4 is thicker than the 3mil and almost as thick as the Izula. The bottom is rounded off and the grip is smoother than its little brothers. Blade edge was already not sharp enough to shave when i received it, but still enough to chop well with some pushed effort on the back of the blade.

Note no glass breaker edge, but haven't put enough force on the 3 to know if it will flatten down.

the balance feels good for its size and sheath retention is very positive just like its brothers. for a fixed blade i would recommend it as it doesn't feel flimsy or overweight, but enough to put forth enough effort into cutting something without excessive force.

overral a good sturdy balanced blade as expected from ESEE without the bulkyness. it feels quick and responsive in the hand if slashing is needed.....I like it.

So ive had this knife for a few weeks now and have played with it as far as an everyday use and function. took it to work a few days, chopped a few things in the back yard and compared it to some Esee's I already had.

test blade is top right and the next 2 are my own blades(ESEE 3MIL, and Izula EDC) which i was able to compare a few similarities and differences.

Esee 4 is thicker than the 3mil and almost as thick as the Izula. The bottom is rounded off and the grip is smoother than its little brothers. Blade edge was already not sharp enough to shave when i received it, but still enough to chop well with some pushed effort on the back of the blade.

Note no glass breaker edge, but haven't put enough force on the 3 to know if it will flatten down.

the balance feels good for its size and sheath retention is very positive just like its brothers. for a fixed blade i would recommend it as it doesn't feel flimsy or overweight, but enough to put forth enough effort into cutting something without excessive force.

overral a good sturdy balanced blade as expected from ESEE without the bulkyness. it feels quick and responsive in the hand if slashing is needed.....I like it.

Man, I want that 3 MIL - CP. Just let me know when you get tired of it.

Is my knife still alive out there somewhere?

If it is in pieces I wanna see pictures and there better be a good story behind it. :D
hahaha yes ive got it, and its in one piece. Was going to do the write up this weekend, but got too busy. i will try to get on it tonight, and get it to the next person.

Back
Top Bottom