Larue SBR

It's your money I won't tell you how to spend it but I will say this. Customer service and quality sure had gone down hill lately.

Sorry you've had problems I haven't. They are very nice and have awesome product support. They are over taxed just like the rest of the industry right now, but somehow they managed to talked to me on the phone today. I didn't have to call 30 times either got them on the first call, better than most other companies I've ever had to call.

It's your money I won't tell you how to spend it but I will say this. Customer service and quality sure had gone down hill lately.

Yep it's been a shame to see. But hey his business works for him. He produces ARs and has people lining up to pay a year in advance for a gun that is no different than a lot of the other top tier guns on the market. Good for him.

Yep it's been a shame to see. But hey his business works for him. He produces ARs and has people lining up to pay a year in advance for a gun that is no different than a lot of the other top tier guns on the market. Good for him.

Where is all this "down hill" talk coming from? Please link me or fill me in I haven't seen anything negative about them

Read his industry section on arfcom. The whole preadtobr thing has been a fiasco. They stated a delivery time, erased it, changed the design after people already ordered, then decided to make their own barrels, took forever tooling up to do that, and all the while completely ignore status update questions from customers who just wanted to know what was going on. And they're about 18 months in with no delivery date in sight.

And you should read the smack down Kevin b from kac gave him in the thread about larue pulling out of one of the military 308 rifle tests.

I actually ordered a predatobr last may, and after a few months in I realized I could build a comparable rifle for less with no wait or drama, and I'd know what I was getting. So I cancelled.

Read his industry section on arfcom. The whole preadtobr thing has been a fiasco. They stated a delivery time, erased it, changed the design after people already ordered, then decided to make their own barrels, took forever tooling up to do that, and all the while completely ignore status update questions from customers who just wanted to know what was going on. And they're about 18 months in with no delivery date in sight.

And you should read the smack down Kevin b from kac gave him in the thread about larue pulling out of one of the military 308 rifle tests.

LaPewp used to sponsor a lot of 3 gun, had two matches that they were the main sponsor of.....till jackleg walked around during a match and saw that hardly anyone used his rifles to compete with, and that the only real thing they used was his scope mounts. He got pissy when all the rails and stuff that he put on prize tables were being sold instead of the people winning them using them.

There has been quite a mass exodus of customer service people and workers.

LaPewp doesn't have as much of a following outside of barfcum. Barfcum is home of his cult like followers.

I do know about the long wait time and retooling, these things don't bother me.

It took me about 2 years to build my DDLES 9mm sbr. In the world of boutique guns these types of things do not surprise me nor bother me. If I just needed a plain ole AR to sling lead, I'd prob just get an M&P sport. I like these guns for the uniqueness and the uncommonness of them.

What I really want is a 10.5" predatar but they don't make that. And since they don't bill you till its made, Im just putting my name in line so there isn't any real commitment.

Last edited:
I do know about the long wait time and retooling, these things don't bother me.

It took me about 2 years to build my DDLES 9mm sbr. In the world of boutique guns these types of things do not surprise me nor bother me. If I just needed a plain ole AR to sling lead, I'd prob just get an M&P sport. I like these guns for the uniqueness and the uncommonness of them.

What I really want is a 10.5" predatar but they don't make that. And since they don't bill you till its made, Im just putting my name in line so there isn't any real commitment.

Why wait when you don't have to though? Look at something like the DD MK18 for a 10.5.

Over promising and under delivering is a quick way to lose my business.

Back
Top Bottom