• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lawmakers approve $1,000 tax on handguns in lieu of total ban

OTOH- This is a small, impoverished set of islands without the historical or social precident of widespread firearms ownership/use. The last thing they need is someone importing and selling a bunch of firearms to anyone and everyone. Because in reality, only two types of people would be able to afford them, the criminals and the wealthy.

Just because they are an American territory doesn't mean they are America.

With a $1k tax per handgun this is true. :wacko:

Really.

The details and reason are far to complex to go into here, esp. on a Sat. night.

It's simple really, just spell out which Govmt program you think should be put in place before these people should be allowed to defend themselves. Is it a lesser tax? Maybe training? Oooh, I know!! It's paperwork and a fee to show that you are one of the chosen few who can defend themselves above all others! Or is that to "complex" to discuss with us pee-ons on a seturdey naught?

Really.

The details and reason are far to complex to go into here, esp. on a Sat. night.

Well the judge felt that the Constitution of the United States applied to a U.S. Territory and U.S. citizens residing there.

It seems pretty simple to me. Or do territories omit themselves from our constitution?

It's simple really, just spell out which Govmt program you think should be put in place before these people should be allowed to defend themselves. Is it a lesser tax? Maybe training? Oooh, I know!! It's paperwork and a fee to show that you are one of the chosen few who can defend themselves above all others! Or is that to "complex" to discuss with us pee-ons on a seturdey naught?

My simpleton way of thinking sees it as black and white as this, even more so perhaps, so maybe I am not a good, obedient servant like the government wants me to be...I'm fine with that. I would rather take a stand and believe in it wholeheartedly, even if unpopular, than to be a compromising, bending over to appease windbag that is viewed by the masses as right, or clever. Because of those compromising windbags we are in the state we are in today. Enough is enough.

My simpleton way of thinking sees it as black and white as this, even more so perhaps, so maybe I am not a good, obedient servant like the government wants me to be...I'm fine with that. I would rather take a stand and believe in it wholeheartedly, even if unpopular, than to be a compromising, bending over to appease windbag that is viewed by the masses as right, or clever. Because of those compromising windbags we are in the state we are in today. Enough is enough.

Amen and Amen.

Now where did our righteous rabble rousing liberal go? The gun control advocate advocate I mean.

Amen and Amen.

Now where did our righteous rabble rousing liberal go? The gun control advocate advocate I mean.

They have to dig through their liberal news feed to find a suitable argument, void of facts of course, for a rebuttal. Cheesy at best, D-baggery at its worst.

I'm not a "gun control advocate". But I can see a red herring and trying to jam a square peg thru a round hole when I see one. The locals don't have a problem with the gun ban. Its just a gringo and a Federal appointee lawyer.

The Marianas are not Georgia, the aren't even America. Go research the culture and history and let me know if you feel the same.

I'm not a "gun control advocate". But I can see a red herring and trying to jam a square peg thru a round hole when I see one. The locals don't have a problem with the gun ban. Its just a gringo and a Federal appointee lawyer.

The Marianas are not Georgia, the aren't even America. Go research the culture and history and let me know if you feel the same.

True, but they do vote in our elections and send delegates on behalf of the people.

Back
Top Bottom