• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Laws pertaining to someone blocking traffic

"The moment an individual or team encounters an isolating event, the assigned mission is to: "return to friendly control without giving aid or comfort to the enemy, to return early and in good physical and mental condition." Not my words but worth paying attention. Situational awareness never mattered more. Agree?

I hit a “pedestrian” in a 16ft moving truck in Marietta around 2009. I was coming off of Delk Rd turning onto the 75 south on ramp. The guy ran across the access ramp and I hit him hard enough the fenders sandwiched the doors from opening. When the cops showed up they said it was like playing black frogger around that part of town, and wrote him a ticket.

He later tried to sue the moving company I worked for. He had broken ribs, broken left arm in two places and broken left shoulder.

The court and insurance company denied the suit since he was the one at fault.

See the linked article. Although they added a half-ass correction at the top, this article was originally written around a woman in Louisville, KY who had to flee in her car from two different groups of criminal "protesters" where they pulled guns on her each time. Although two of the criminal "protesters" have been charged, and the woman has not she's still branded as committing a vehicle attack. https://www.npr.org/2020/06/21/880963592/vehicle-attacks-rise-as-extremists-target-protesters

At this point there are really only two options for you since government, especially cowardly pandering cuckservatives, have abdicated their responsibility to maintain law and order.
  1. Stay home and/or avoid areas where this is a potential.
  2. Take it back.

So if I'm rolling down the road in a safe and legal manner and some idiot decides to dart in front of me it's my fault?

Scrolling through and felt compelled to reply ... While I am not an attorney I was married to a very successful one. Who's at fault and case outcomes can be swayed by dollars. He who has the most dollars can smother thy opponent. While it's not quite fair, the one who has the most financial staying power is the one who wins.

What I am saying here is whether or not you are at fault is irrelevant. You need to prove it. Proving innocence is not cut and dry and can be costly. Better to maintain situational awareness and steer clear of all conflicts.

My 2 Cents - for free. Please consult an attorney for reliable information.

Scrolling through and felt compelled to reply ... While I am not an attorney I was married to a very successful one. Who's at fault and case outcomes can be swayed by dollars. He who has the most dollars can smother thy opponent. While it's not quite fair, the one who has the most financial staying power is the one who wins.

What I am saying here is whether or not you are at fault is irrelevant. You need to prove it. Proving innocence is not cut and dry and can be costly. Better to maintain situational awareness and steer clear of all conflicts.

My 2 Cents - for free. Please consult an attorney for reliable information.
Since this topic was posted I've added a dash cam to my truck. These days there is no such thing as too cautious.

Back
Top Bottom