• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal question about dog ownership

She can't have her because of her cats, but has started talking about other's she knows that wants her and she's being super micro managing about the whole situation when I've had possession this entire time. She's one of those people that thinks she knows all, super liberal, and sticks her nose into everything. She offered to pay for all the vet bills, so I've gone along with it, but hope that doesn't bite me in the ass.
don't let her pay going forward.

can the vet update her chip info to your name and address?

I'm not sure. I'm trying to learn the laws in case I need to fight this. Again, hopefully I won't have to, but want to be prepared. I've been told that because she's chipped, I have to wait 14 days and then she becomes my legal "property", but my main questions revolves around this "financer"

Do you own other animals that are under care of the same vet? with records of vaccinations and care under your name? I bet your vet can help you.

Yes, I have a vet, but had to put my dog down a year ago so currently no other animals other than this sweet girl. I can call them and ask what their opinion is.

I'm not sure. I'm trying to learn the laws in case I need to fight this. Again, hopefully I won't have to, but want to be prepared. I've been told that because she's chipped, I have to wait 14 days and then she becomes my legal "property", but my main questions revolves around this "financer"
call it charity. the neighbor does not have possession of the dog.

Back
Top Bottom