• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

legalities of an underground 1 lane range on residential property.

Funny I was thinking about shooting in my basement. With suppressors wouldn't no one even know about it.

I know a guy that sunk 25' of concrete drain pipe in the ground leading to the poured concrete wall of his basement. I don't know what he used for a backstop or ventilation though.

So far, my research has yielded the following. I need a contractor for the Land Disturbance and Trenching permits. Nothing yet on the underground range itself.

You arent disturbing enough area to require a LDP. Pick a non-rainy weekend so you dont get rivers of mud washing down the street and you should be good.

Call in a utility locate and dig!

It would be a bigger job than it would first appear. You would want some bedding stone, possibly an improved drainage system, corrosion protection, it would take a fairly large excavator to install the containers. I would have them welded together. The spoil from the excavation would be significant. Even then you would have some soundproofing of the vents and entryway to do. Compaction equipment for the backfill unless you want to treat the settlement.

Ive been debating this myself. I have a guy that can supply culvert pipe, hatches,and labor. I however live in Decatur, and am almost certain i could not get a permit. Been trying to find a permit that i could pull that would not require inspection....maybe i need an excavator to build a fish pond or large water feature...

Back
Top Bottom