• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

legalities of an underground 1 lane range on residential property.

It would be a bigger job than it would first appear. You would want some bedding stone, possibly an improved drainage system, corrosion protection, it would take a fairly large excavator to install the containers. I would have them welded together. The spoil from the excavation would be significant. Even then you would have some soundproofing of the vents and entryway to do. Compaction equipment for the backfill unless you want to treat the settlement.

It spoils the whole thread when someone shows up that seems to know what he is talking about.

Must there be a victim for there to be a crime? Does our legal system define criminal behavior by the existence of a victimized party?

If there is no victim, animate or not, how could there be a crime? I am certainly no legal expert and cannot comment on our legal systems definitions. I am merely expressing my ever so humble opinion (it just happens to always be correct).:evil:

Crime-
noun
an action or an instance of negligence that is deemed injurious to the public welfare or morals or to the interests of the state and that islegally prohibited.

I'm observing the installation of two 30,000 gal underground fiberglass tanks right now.
A concrete truck looks small until it is in your driveway.

If they find out, Cobb County will make it cost prohibitive for you before they issue a cirtificate of occupancy for 2 underground shipping containers. There are better alternatives. How many neighbors do you have and how many feet away?

Unlesss he applies for a county permit and defines his project as a residence that shouldn't be an issue.

Unlesss he applies for a county permit and defines his project as a residence that shouldn't be an issue.

This^. If you are considering permitting this thing you are doing it wrong. There is no way you will get past plan review (which by the way you will have to hire an architect/engineer to stamp the drawings) with the plan of burying 2 connex in the ground and using them as a firing range.. No one pulls a permit for a storm shelter... Thats what this is.

Back
Top Bottom