• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legalizing Silencers and SBRs?

Georgia actually allows for up to 3 round burst... But be assured, if you build a gun capable of 3 shot bursts, and it is found by "authorities", the local law enforcement will arrest you and notify the fed. And I don't see that changing, unfortunately

Frankly, the whole idea of commerce that isn't 'interstate' these days is laughable. Back in the 1700s the idea that something could be created, used and be destroyed/consumed in a single state was pretty accurate.

Today there's no way you could make even the simplest items without at least some raw materials or tools that come from other states, and probably other countries. The whole idea of commerce that only touches one state is something that's simply impossible today.
I'm sure that's the politicians' view, but if I sell you my product that was made in Ga, where my materials or tools come from are completely irrelevant. My purchase of materials or tools is a totally separate commercial transaction. As is whether you drove to me on I75 (because it's an "interstate"!).
How long before politicians decide all commerce is international, with the same logic, and covered by "tariffs"?

Georgia doesn’t have a specific law against it although I think FA still applies. But you will be charged with federal crimes.

They have changed it from 3 to 6:

" (2) "Machine gun" means any weapon which shoots or is designed to shoot, automatically, more than six shots, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."

O.C.G.A.§ 16-11-121
Definitions

They have changed it from 3 to 6:

" (2) "Machine gun" means any weapon which shoots or is designed to shoot, automatically, more than six shots, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."

O.C.G.A.§ 16-11-121
Definitions
Cool, learn something every day. Thanks.

Because stupid people keep electing establishment, anti gun legislators and we have no say about the Supreme Court legislating from the bench.

Government has been corrupt and prostituted for far too long and no longer resembles anything close to what the founders intended.

The tree of liberty needs refreshed.

Because stupid people keep electing establishment, anti gun legislators and we have no say about the Supreme Court legislating from the bench.

Government has been corrupt and prostituted for far too long and no longer resembles anything close to what the founders intended.

The tree of liberty needs refreshed.
If only a 1,000 likes could be given.

I really don't care what the other side wants!!! The NRA needs to go on the offensive and quit playing defense. Gun owners of this country have been giving way too much to other side. It is now our turn to take what is ours, granted to us by the 2nd amendment.

This is why the NFA laws, and many others, are still in force. If a piece of parchment, such as the Constitution, granted your rights, then another can take them away. The 2nd Amendment to the Bill of Rights does NOT grant us any rights. It enumerates our rights and limits the government's rights.

We will never have freedom in this nation until people realize, as our Founders did, that our rights are granted by our Creator, not by some document or law. Rightful liberty is what we should be after.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." -Thomas Jefferson

Originally the federal government could only intervene with law and order via the interstate commerce clause. Laws should be enforced on the lowest possible level to keep government as small as we can.

Back
Top Bottom