Let’s talk about custom hunting rifles

If you're spending time and money on custom guns, that's time and money you're not spending on shooting and hunting. And, yes, I am C
I doubt that ....
I am significantly smarter than most of the people you're ever met.

Chasing the ideal custom is a waste of time and money compared to time on the range and in the field with an off the rack gun.
IMG_0358.jpeg

I went with a really slick Cooper 300wm for my first higher end hunting rifle. The rifle is amazing but it weighs about 37 pounds. I’m ready for a lightweight rifle.

Anyone have a Mcwhorter? Been dreaming about one.

Mcwhorter are overpriced in my opinion. I am not knocking this type of hunter, but mcwhorter caters to the super busy, rich doctor who doesn’t have time to do load development and DOPE for his once a year elk hunt in Idaho. You literally get a rifle shipped to you with a specific scope, specific turrets, built exactly to your dimensions, with custom ammo loaded for your rifle.

You can get a nice hunting style rifle from any number of the larger custom gun companies for a lot less.

Nine run guns in screven Georgia is excellent. I can PM you his contact info. He builds beautiful rifles.

Once you go custom, you can’t go back. Lol

Go to mcworther and create your own- had a sps rem 700 cut and crowned to 18” in 7-08 and it’s by far my favorite and yes I have a mcworther (300wsm necked to 338)in safe.i wanted something lightweight and short that didn’t kick like a mule.

Mcwhorter are overpriced in my opinion. I am not knocking this type of hunter, but mcwhorter caters to the super busy, rich doctor who doesn’t have time to do load development and DOPE for his once a year elk hunt in Idaho. You literally get a rifle shipped to you with a specific scope, specific turrets, built exactly to your dimensions, with custom ammo loaded for your rifle.

You can get a nice hunting style rifle from any number of the larger custom gun companies for a lot less.

Nine run guns in screven Georgia is excellent. I can PM you his contact info. He builds beautiful rifles.

Once you go custom, you can’t go back. Lol

Yea I want someone who knows what they are doing to hand me a custom tuned already sighted in rifle that is as nice as it can possibly be. With premium glass on top. Short and lightweight and in a ridiculous caliber I’ll never be able to find ammo for. I also want to be able to hunt in the rain and drop it in the mud and not worry about it rusting ever if I put it up dirty.

Happy to speak with your buddy.

Back
Top Bottom