• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s talk about custom hunting rifles

If you're spending time and money on custom guns, that's time and money you're not spending on shooting and hunting. And, yes, I am C
I doubt that ....
I am significantly smarter than most of the people you're ever met.

Chasing the ideal custom is a waste of time and money compared to time on the range and in the field with an off the rack gun.
IMG_0358.jpeg

I went with a really slick Cooper 300wm for my first higher end hunting rifle. The rifle is amazing but it weighs about 37 pounds. I’m ready for a lightweight rifle.

Anyone have a Mcwhorter? Been dreaming about one.

Mcwhorter are overpriced in my opinion. I am not knocking this type of hunter, but mcwhorter caters to the super busy, rich doctor who doesn’t have time to do load development and DOPE for his once a year elk hunt in Idaho. You literally get a rifle shipped to you with a specific scope, specific turrets, built exactly to your dimensions, with custom ammo loaded for your rifle.

You can get a nice hunting style rifle from any number of the larger custom gun companies for a lot less.

Nine run guns in screven Georgia is excellent. I can PM you his contact info. He builds beautiful rifles.

Once you go custom, you can’t go back. Lol

Go to mcworther and create your own- had a sps rem 700 cut and crowned to 18” in 7-08 and it’s by far my favorite and yes I have a mcworther (300wsm necked to 338)in safe.i wanted something lightweight and short that didn’t kick like a mule.

Mcwhorter are overpriced in my opinion. I am not knocking this type of hunter, but mcwhorter caters to the super busy, rich doctor who doesn’t have time to do load development and DOPE for his once a year elk hunt in Idaho. You literally get a rifle shipped to you with a specific scope, specific turrets, built exactly to your dimensions, with custom ammo loaded for your rifle.

You can get a nice hunting style rifle from any number of the larger custom gun companies for a lot less.

Nine run guns in screven Georgia is excellent. I can PM you his contact info. He builds beautiful rifles.

Once you go custom, you can’t go back. Lol

Yea I want someone who knows what they are doing to hand me a custom tuned already sighted in rifle that is as nice as it can possibly be. With premium glass on top. Short and lightweight and in a ridiculous caliber I’ll never be able to find ammo for. I also want to be able to hunt in the rain and drop it in the mud and not worry about it rusting ever if I put it up dirty.

Happy to speak with your buddy.

Back
Top Bottom