• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

let some gentlemen know i was carrying.

DISAGREE

Its clear you dont know the mentality of the some of the young black males. Many have nothing to live for and a backwards selfish way of thinking. Take it from someone who has spent a lot of time in the inner city. He forced their hand and ended the whole confrontation. GOOD JOB!!

That just screams "I'm a racist"

Just so you know thats the oldest trick in the book"You cut me off"Next thing you know ne of them sized you up(sucker punched.POW!PING!KBOOM)and you wake up in the hospital. Broke jaw,detached eye socket ETC..

Good grief. If it was ok to brandish or even draw a weapon upon any form of speculation (which is exactly what you are doing), then society would be waving pistols freely at the people who walk out in front of them at Walmart without looking. You really should rethink your position on this.

Did you grow up there in the last 15yrs?? If the answer is NO then you missed the era.And i reject you as reference point.
I grew up in downtown Atlanta, College Park to be exact so I know exactly what the "Inner city" life entails. Secondly, a couple of mouthy guys with balled up fists does NOT dictate brandishing a weapon. It did however dictate the he move away and separate himself from the imminent threat. If you disagree, you may need to do more homework and rethink your position. Be as it may, the simple fact of wondering what someones next move MAY be does not give a mature, GFL holder the authority to brandish a weapon.

Big no no.

Good grief. If it was ok to brandish or even draw a weapon upon any form of speculation (which is exactly what you are doing), then society would be waving pistols freely at the people who walk out in front of them at Walmart without looking. You really should rethink your position on this.

While I see where youre coming from, a family walking in front of me at Walmart is a far cry from two men in front of me balling up their fists and saying they want to fk me up. While the OP showing his weapon in this case can (and probably will) be argued either way, I think he did an OK job of diffusing the situation.

Edit: by OK I mean, no one hurt, or killed, or in jail.

While I see where youre coming from, a family walking in front of me at Walmart is a far cry from two men in front of me balling up their fists and saying they want to fk me up. While the OP showing his weapon in this case can (and probably will) be argued either way, I think he did an OK job of diffusing the situation.

See, these types of situations are where the rubber meets the road and you need to be prepared for the fine print. Was there potential for a hostile situation? Sure. Just because someone is angry with balled fists, DOES.......NOT.......JUSTIFY.......BRANDISHING.

As much as I would love to agree, it was not the correct way to handle it IMO. Like I said, moving to a more secure cover area and elevating his mental condition would have been more satisfactory. No instructor, officer, or authority for that fact would agree that brandishing on speculation is satisfactory.

Last edited:
To me the most important thing is that you difused the situation and then got on out of there .

There is no one who can say for sure what they would have done in a given situation similar to yours.

There are lots of folks that will say yay or nay , but none can be for sure until they are actually in your shoes.

Back
Top Bottom