• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let the BS start

The only way to enforce a "no private sale" legislation, would be to require all guns be registered prior to enforcement of the legislation. Otherwise they'd never know who owned what and who traded what. With that being said, either they are complete idiots, or plan on using this as a gateway to full federal gun registration.
Exactly!

These all have to go before Congress if I understand correctly, but the FFL thing would be REALLY tough to enforce. I asked this morning in another thread, how would this effect ODT sales/trades?

None of the 23 Executive Orders institute an AWB, or creates reporting requirement for private transactions. Congress will take magazine limits, universal background checks, and reporting of all private transactions separately ala carte later his year. Mental Health will pass
Universal background checks on all transactions will very likely pass.
Magazine limits ... No one knows if it will pass .... Too early to tell.
AWB is clearly not going to pass.

Universal background and reporting affect ODT? If it passes, you are legally required to comply. If you don't, you risk the legal consequences. Enforcement should not be a consideration. The truest test of integrity is what you do when no one is watching. No one should judge taking an action on whether they can get away with it. Seriously, I can't think of an upside to breaking the law, regardless whether I think the law is fair. Just because people get away with driving drunk, breaking he speed limit, etc., doesn't mean they were right in doing so.

Sting operations...

They'll send operatives to try to buy or sell a weapon without using an FFL. Once you've bought from them or sold to them, you're arrested...

That's how I'd imagine they'd inforce it.

all the things they outline wont do anything to stop people from killing each other

and what the hell are armor piercing bullets? do they mean lead core or teflon coated or what, cause this is confusing

I recommend making "FRIENDS" on ODT now while we know who we're dealing with
im doing that

only folks with a high feedback score

also, anyone who is asking 300 bucks for a stripped lower or 1000 for an sks gets on my ignore list

i use to be against it, but i think requiring a post count of 50 or 60 would be a good way to curb these jackass's

Back
Top Bottom