• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Let's do this. AR v.s. AK with poll

AR v.s. AK

• Total voters
Why do you AK guys keep doing this to yourselves? You never see AR fans posting poles like this; they seem to be quietly comfortable with their choice. Ask yourself why you're so uncomfortable with your chosen firearm that you try to denegrate others.

Hey, if you're a fan of the carbine designed for unwashed peasants, then fine. Compared to it's contemporaries in the 1940s it was adequate. When you make your "ghey" poles it just looks like you're trying to prolong the inevitable switch to a real modern battle weapon.

Better accuracy, last round hold open, better sights, better ergonomics, lighter weight, lighter ammo, lower recoil, more lethal ammo (even the Russians admitted it, 5.45x39), all make the AR a better platform. Sooner or later everyone has to admit it.

I feel your pain; I made my switch almost twelve years ago. Don't worry, finally accepting you've been wrong all these years only hurts for a little while.

You must be new here.

AK wins the accuracy class? What HAVE you been SMOKING?

AK is better looking? The AK looks like a giant corkscrew /wine cork puller to me. Ugly and clumsy, but functional.

Function (as a separate and distinct category from reliability)... what does that MEAN, anyway? The manual of arms? Ease of use? Magazine changes with the AR are a lot faster. None of this "toe, rock it, lock heel" stuff.
Straight in. Straight out.

Reliability? [grumble, cough, I'll give you that....]

Back
Top Bottom