• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"Let's get ready to ......

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
..... rrrrrrrruuuuummmmbbbbbllllleeeeeeeeeee!!!!! "

Went Sunday evening first time in a month. Heard a shot then another. I thought it might actually be on my property. I walked back there and apparently someone across the river was shooting RIGHT on the river (which is the property line). I'm so glad they waited until ML weekend to sight in their rifles. They probably fired 60 rounds including a mag dump of a pistol and and handful of rounds form an absolute CANNON that I swear I could almost feel the percussion from my stand at the cabin (well over 200 yards away. Great kick off to the season. :mmph:
Didn't see anything other than the rear end of one in some thick stuff that just sat there and flicked it's tale while feeding. I've NEVER had acorns falling like they are right now. Literally raining down. Woods were VERY noisey.
LOTS of videos and quit a few different bucks.
Can't get videos to embed for some reason?

Let's get ready to rummmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbbllllllllleeeeeeeeee! (There's a fresh scrape 20 yards from this spot.)

http://vid138.photobucket.com/album...ds/phil/PJs hideaway/EK000245_zpsfjfavyj5.mp4

Always remember, deer do NOT go out in the rain! Y'all stay home!

]http://vid138.photobucket.com/albums/q254/Dominionofstewards/phil/PJs hideaway/EK000254_zpsjryf4sa3.mp4

I wish deer like this could make it until the next year but that's not happening around there.... besides, God always makes more. I intend to bring a few guys to my place this year that have never taken a deer before. I'd be VERY happy for them to get one like this (or any deer).

http://vid138.photobucket.com/albums/q254/Dominionofstewards/phil/PJs hideaway/EK000248_zpsrwykqioz.mp4

Last edited:
Some good looking young bucks on the 2nd video, and a nice 8 on the 3rd video...First video isn't playing for some reason.

What ever happened to that beautiful buck you saw bedded down in your back yard? He was a beauty.

I would not like it if people were sighting in their rifles like that either, but I seriously doubt if it will make any difference whatsoever. If anything they will push them to your side of the river.

I am ready. I'll be headed down to my piece of south Georgia heaven Thursday evening, or Friday morning. I'll hunt at least 4 days. We're getting some nice bucks on camera in the daylight hours. I'm going to bring home some meat, one way or the other.

Yea. Acorn crop is the heaviest I've ever seen. Old folks say it's a sign of cold weather. I have hunted probably a dozen times so far this year without being able to let one fly yet. Trail cams are showing alot of good does and yearlings look to have made it through better than in previous years.

Geaux, you know there was a 225 lbs bear killed not far from us last week? The DNR says with the good crop of acorns it's pulling them down from the mountains.

Last edited:
Some good looking young bucks on the 2nd video, and a nice 8 on the 3rd video...First video isn't playing for some reason.

What ever happened to that beautiful buck you saw bedded down in your back yard? He was a beauty.

I would not like it if people were sighting in their rifles like that either, but I seriously doubt if it will make any difference whatsoever. If anything they will push them to your side of the river.

I am ready. I'll be headed down to my piece of south Georgia heaven Thursday evening, or Friday morning. I'll hunt at least 4 days. We're getting some nice bucks on camera in the daylight hours. I'm going to bring home some meat, one way or the other.
First link working now?
I only have a little over 8 acres wedged between much larger acreage on all 4 sides. (Surrounding 4 neighbors have around 500 acres together). Any disturbance on the property makes it very easy for them to move off but yeah... it's not like the 600 videos I got over the last month will go to zero. :)
I saw that big buck a couple more times but it's almost impossible to see back there right now due to height of overgrowth I hope he's still around...
Good luck!

Nothing worse than being on stand when Wyatt Earp and the boys show up for target practice nearby.
Unless you have some douche making Sasquatch calls, taking a dump, all after waving to you in your stand 40 yards away.
Yes this happened to me in blue ridge and I wanted to shoot him in the face.

Back
Top Bottom