• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"Let's get ready to ......

I did not. Where was it? :confused:

326 and 51.

As the crow flies about 2 miles from me. So that makes it about 5 from you.
IMG951121.jpg

Update from this morning. Not long after posting there were 5 does that walked within 30 yds of me. As I pulled up the crossbow and flipped off the safety they caught me and run. 2 were good sized mature does. The other 3 were young does. Good sign of healthy heard.

Update from this morning. Not long after posting there were 5 does that walked within 30 yds of me. As I pulled up the crossbow and flipped off the safety they caught me and run. 2 were good sized mature does. The other 3 were young does. Good sign of healthy heard.

Hope you get a couple of em.
Seems they are all super cautious right now as I keep getting busted myself with the slightest movements.
I found a big buck's lair right at the base of a hill covered with thick laurel near a very small marshy creek bed.
I've seen him several times last season and this season but he rarely shows himself and if he is not skulking behind a thicket he is running full tilt in the open.
So far I've tried him from several angles and last night I got him to move from a doe bleat.
I think I'm gonna get my hunting buddy to tag team this big boy with me so I can put him in my freezer and get his antlers to rattle with.
He grunted several times within a couple hours while I was in stand.
He really Likes his spot.

Last edited:
First link working now?
I only have a little over 8 acres wedged between much larger acreage on all 4 sides. (Surrounding 4 neighbors have around 500 acres together). Any disturbance on the property makes it very easy for them to move off but yeah... it's not like the 600 videos I got over the last month will go to zero. :)
I saw that big buck a couple more times but it's almost impossible to see back there right now due to height of overgrowth I hope he's still around...
Good luck!

Still not working. I tried on my computer at work, and my tablet. :confused:

Good luck to you too. I saw a pic of a huge buck taken this weekend on 5 acres in Fulton, so 8 acres can produce. Especially with all that land around you...and the river. No doubt about it.

Still not working. I tried on my computer at work, and my tablet. :confused:

Good luck to you too. I saw a pic of a huge buck taken this weekend on 5 acres in Fulton, so 8 acres can produce. Especially with all that land around you...and the river. No doubt about it.
Survey says? http://vid138.photobucket.com/album...ds/phil/PJs hideaway/EK000245_zpsfjfavyj5.mp4

Oh I know. I've had the place about 7 or 8 years now. I've got videos of some really nice deer over the years (and saw an absolute BEAST from the stand one morning.... on neighbor's place. He told me AFTER that I could shoot anything I saw on his place.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom