• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"Let's get ready to ......

Well I guess the thread title was a complete fail without that video working.... :doh:

Nah it is still good conversation with the rifle opener this weekend, and the other 2 worked fine.

Looks like I may be out of luck for the first weekend. I might get to go on Sunday but not sure...I'm a little bummed, but I have a lot of time off coming up at the end of Ocotber and most of November.

Nah it is still good conversation with the rifle opener this weekend, and the other 2 worked fine.

Looks like I may be out of luck for the first weekend. I might get to go on Sunday but not sure...I'm a little bummed, but I have a lot of time off coming up at the end of Ocotber and most of November.
I don't even get a doe day until the 31st. Since I'm not going to shoot a buck I won't have mounted, it's kind of hard to get too fired up. :mmph:

I don't even get a doe day until the 31st. Since I'm not going to shoot a buck I won't have mounted, it's kind of hard to get too fired up. :mmph:

Yep this is a good reminder for everyone to check the new regs. We have no new restrictions in the southern zone, but I would prefer that we did, since they rejected the idea of less doe tags. I also hunt in Walton and will probably hunt there this Sunday, so no does for me either.

Last week the DNR said it was light acorn crop this year. So which is it, feast or famine? For the record there are next to none on my lease in East GA.

Well that's not the case in my area. The acorns are plentiful and falling like rocks. The woods sound like someone is throwing gravel from one end to the other. I have never seen acorns like this. Both White oaks and Red oaks are falling (along with the normal water oaks).

Well that's not the case in my area. The acorns are plentiful and falling like rocks. The woods sound like someone is throwing gravel from one end to the other. I have never seen acorns like this. Both White oaks and Red oaks are falling (along with the normal water oaks).

I haven't seen more acorns than normal so far.
I still have a giant pile of acorns I raked up last year though.

Back
Top Bottom