• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lightweight build advice

I think if you buy the right parts and know how to tune a rifle I don't think it is impossible. Do not be discouraged!± Do your build with parts. Shave weight everywhere you can and then test and tune. Run several courses of fire and see how she handles. If there is a problem work it out.
I agree I have done enough soft recoiling builds with the lightest BCG/ buffer combos for 3 gun that I feel like I can get this one built and tuned to work just fine

Depending on which RnGs you want to get into...dump a bunch of water and sand or mud into the gun and see how it runs. Most of the bigger ones will make you crawl through that crap and/or go for a swim, or both. It's hard to appreciate something like the Legion RnG or others until you're chest deep in muddy water, then have to crawl through drain pipes and then end up fighting through your rifle on a stage, no matter how careful you might be or think your gun runs well.

Generally speaking, the guns running full power ammo, with full mass BCGs and gas systems not too tightened down run better.

I am doing my first Tactical Games Event at GTI this year. I am pretty much setting my self up for major failure, but, I just have to try it. I've got sandbags being delivered to my house this week.
There is no fail. There is only try. You don't know what you can do to you get out there and give it a shot. If you can't get through it you can't get through it that's not necessarily a fail though. That's just you testing your limits to see what you need work on no more no less. Good luck.

I agree I have done enough soft recoiling builds with the lightest BCG/ buffer combos for 3 gun that I feel like I can get this one built and tuned to work just fine
Sean already mentioned it but those don't perform well in sand, mud, dirt and water.
Additionally, run and guns are designed to test your end-of-the-world SHTF equipment. You should run exactly the setup you would if this country goes to shi....

That way you know if you can put your life on it.

Back
Top Bottom