• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lightweight build advice

Depending on which RnGs you want to get into...dump a bunch of water and sand or mud into the gun and see how it runs. Most of the bigger ones will make you crawl through that crap and/or go for a swim, or both. It's hard to appreciate something like the Legion RnG or others until you're chest deep in muddy water, then have to crawl through drain pipes and then end up fighting through your rifle on a stage, no matter how careful you might be or think your gun runs well.

Generally speaking, the guns running full power ammo, with full mass BCGs and gas systems not too tightened down run better.
Note to self open up gas a couple clicks before those lol

Attachments

• EF27A746-5D7A-434A-977D-367281B20BD6.jpeg
    EF27A746-5D7A-434A-977D-367281B20BD6.jpeg
    424.5 KB · Views: 49
...The key to RNG's is good preparation, consistency in your shooting (low stage failures), consistency in how your kit is setup (efficient), consistency in how you run (just keep moving at any pace), avoiding malfunctions, being able to clear any malfunction and smart stage analysis. Just running like a Kenyan alone will never get you there.
Sean already mentioned it but those don't perform well in sand, mud, dirt and water.
Additionally, run and guns are designed to test your end-of-the-world SHTF equipment. You should run exactly the setup you would if this country goes to shi....

That way you know if you can put your life on it.
These words you use, "Preparation" "Consistency" "Efficient" - I'm not familiar!
On the other hand - I fully understand and embrace your EOTW/SHTF comment. Train like you Fight - and if I'm ever home asleep and a bad guy comes in, I'm well trained at picking out which gun to grab but then changing my mind 7 times, which belt, how/when/where/what I'll carry, Oh grab the right loaded mags and some extra and RUN, don't walk to the start line!!!

Depending on which RnGs you want to get into...dump a bunch of water and sand or mud into the gun and see how it runs. Most of the bigger ones will make you crawl through that crap and/or go for a swim, or both. It's hard to appreciate something like the Legion RnG or others until you're chest deep in muddy water, then have to crawl through drain pipes and then end up fighting through your rifle on a stage, no matter how careful you might be or think your gun runs well.

Generally speaking, the guns running full power ammo, with full mass BCGs and gas systems not too tightened down run better.
17 South Sweatin Bullets taught me all I ever want to learn about sand and water filled guns and magazines. Nothing like trying to clear a stage with a failure to feed every single round!
And Legion 2021 sticks out as one of my favorite race so far.tunnel 1.jpgDJI_0046 - frame at 1m9s.jpgswamp.jpg52717464108_6f0853aeee_o.JPG

Well my first part came in for the build today it’s the 13.5” hyper light magnesium aluminum alloy handguard from Vseven. With mounting hardware it’s pretty light at 6.2OZ

Attachments

• 5DDDD350-C23D-4E76-B52E-6AC3F839F414.jpeg
    5DDDD350-C23D-4E76-B52E-6AC3F839F414.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom