• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LinkedIn who really uses it?

I use it more for networking. Particularly to get in contact with people I used to work with. I did have one person ask if I could accept him to my page during a job interview. I did but there wasn't a ton of information on there.

It's not going to lead to more and better opportunities all by itself, but it doesn't hurt to have it, that's for sure. Treating it like Facebook is exactly what you DON'T want to do.

OMG!!!!!! What a pain in the azz this is........Stop sending me requests....I'm NOT interested in being your LinkedIn "friend"....I delete this crap all the time!!!!!

I work in a non-profit and I know some non-profits use it for "CEO hunting" but overall its more for information or keeping up with people you know.

In my experience, LinkedIn is as good as the network a person has built. I only use it to keep some connection to people with whom I've worked. I can hit up someone on there and ask about work generally or specifically. Former coworkers ask the same of me. I don't use it often but it's good for keeping professional connections.

I use it and in a year and a half of searching it has resulted in zero job offers (or even interviews). Obviously I'm doing it wrong.... :doh:

It's obviously very successful for some people.

Since the acquisition by Microsoft, it's starting to become more and more like FaceBook... which is a shame.

Back
Top Bottom