• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Literally a NEW M1 GARAND.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here ya go lets try again...

beVcCiFhvgP4xCaJUNwD0RSQUKZBL74Ab1bteoQ_PfxlPToZn-6Z8ACPWsrf-Zc7ovAiN1YzkKP4sto8jRSk1-x_oyyVzH3RrSCs_zrDaaqRrEzulvPfeADsq9PpoYAkxH0DAfChp8MmjKPoFf4QD33Bk0Bybgx024hG91q7H03fbikd2gVr9LViMgTtdsdeQJhfFZDC7Q5f3AT4uDe8P80ldL8onSWnxqjfLi6D9e3aSPz5DJZ693hTF8ciXMFJAWiw18pwmLKfV02Ty96AGsIMcv6p9I0e8fzqmC6fzC8YIeuP4g31uegwTXRqsgOjPYipk5AJBVMHNNrLgVFXssxtcXhiJMCiCKk8TDN8NjnYD2vtE39WC-W-Dq15-wm24RD1m4A5cxYs-MCb_bTYVAeSUE1zL4-iTqV_4lnCwlOBc-tEqTziwfVgsRoVosD_-f7-TWVSlQvRvxEDF306Re-gSb7HQ93O1TPVSRlVaoGqfFO58T8T84J9HLYovSn8yxRYzcqsT1I4OmNaS6MrinLCzxBhOqgy9gjSOAGgZllqLnFvtGh_-oSft8Iv1WH5uQMem5ZqiwFe4AWwdMV0WFQjX5RFj9sQfo7-ZOYDYQ=w457-h608-no
No, still no cigar. I get a white "x" within a black square box next to the word

I can see other pix in this thread and other threads, just not this picture.

One of my Garands pooped the bed at the range today.

At CMP back in July she would load and fire the first round but would not load round #2 after firing - even though the first round extracted and ejected. You would have to cycle manually and then she shoots fine thru the rest of the 7 rounds. So I ordered and installed a Wolf extra power recoil spring in hopes she would straighten herself out.

She didn't malfunction today for me but did for one of my sons. Limp-shouldering? Is that even a thing?

And then after quite a few enblocs she failed to lock the enbloc in place during the loading process...hmm...will have to investigate tomorrow. Not sure what is going on. Dangit!

Does CMP have any kind of warranty?

Check your Bullet guide and Clip latch spring. Two common offenders. Ammogarand.com has replacements for cheap. Oh and make sure your Garand is GREASED...and check to see if the op rod is rubbing wood. Is this your rack grade M1?

@will4me

Got the greased thing covered but thanks for the recommendations! Will check in the AM. I think this one was a ...oh wait, I dunno if it was rack or service grade...

sounds as though rifle is short stroking, bullet guide and clip latch spring has nothing to do with it.
It can be caused by a number of things but the op rod spring needs changed as:
Wolffe springs are a problem, they are extra power and can cause short stroking. Springs from Orion 7 or Garand Gear are recommended
weak ammo, (what ammo are you using?)
properly grease rifle, when received from CMP rifle should be completely disassembled, cleaned then greased in proper locations
gas screw not tight
Gas screw cracked
out of spec gas cylinder
out of spec op rod piston

One of my Garands pooped the bed at the range today.

At CMP back in July she would load and fire the first round but would not load round #2 after firing - even though the first round extracted and ejected. You would have to cycle manually and then she shoots fine thru the rest of the 7 rounds. So I ordered and installed a Wolf extra power recoil spring in hopes she would straighten herself out.

She didn't malfunction today for me but did for one of my sons. Limp-shouldering? Is that even a thing?

And then after quite a few enblocs she failed to lock the enbloc in place during the loading process...hmm...will have to investigate tomorrow. Not sure what is going on. Dangit!

Does CMP have any kind of warranty?

I had some issues with a 1903A3 purchased there last year. I took the rifle over on a Thursday or Friday to the CMP Store and Mike sent me over to the armory to have the bolt replaced. An Armorer installed a new bolt and replaced a cracked upper guard while I hung out with him in the Armory. What a cool opportunity to get into the Armory. Thought I was in Milsurp Heaven. Got to see some M1Ds with the original scopes and cheek pads, looked in several boxes of unopened 1903A3s, handled a couple of mint M1 Carbines, and saw many cases of M1s in cosmoline. The main rule I had to follow was absolutely, positively, no photos.

If you don't have the opportunity to visit when the Armorers are working, then I'd email or call the store during operating hours, but highly recommend walking it into the Armory yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom