• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loading Bench: If you could build it again

Awesome man! I was grinning like that yesterday. Picked up a 650, so I need to get a move on w/ the new bench.
Im really digging my 550, glad mrdrhumphries talked me into it over a rock chucker kit, Ive got plenty of learning to do, but Im diggin the process as much as shooting right now. At some point I'm sure itll be drudgery, but for now Im havin fun.

I cant remember does the 650 come standard with a case feeder?

Im really digging my 550, glad mrdrhumphries talked me into it over a rock chucker kit, Ive got plenty of learning to do, but Im diggin the process as much as shooting right now. At some point I'm sure itll be drudgery, but for now Im havin fun.

I cant remember does the 650 come standard with a case feeder?

Casefeeder is extra. I like my 550. I'll use it to load my off calibers.

Got some storage up
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_08_myqy6ype.jpg

I'm not a woodworker by any means, in fact I had to ask for some suggestions on how to do the legs but my first try came out good and sturdy, in fact I stood on it this morning and I'm 200lbs.

IMAG0025.jpg
IMAG0027.jpg

Here's a tip that I used on mine. I attached my press to a 2"x8" about 26" long and secured the 2x8 to the bench surface with deck screws. It gives me the option of easily removing or relocating the press and also gives me plenty of overhang for press operation. My powder thrower is also mounted to a 1x8x12 piece of wood that makes for a sturdy base and allows me to place it anywhere I like. Very modular and user friendly.

Back
Top Bottom