Long range scope recommendations

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   0
Reaction score
I've gotten back into long range shooting, picked me up a decent rifle and I'm not satisfied with my vortex vemon. I can't follow the vapor trail or see splash past about 700 yards.

I'm shooting 6.5 creedmore for right now, will probably move up calibers when this one runs out of ass, probably 338 lapua, which I'd like to push to 2,000 yards.

I'm wanting a scope that I won't be replacing in a year because it won't do something. Budget is 4-5k

One of the guys at the range recommended a vortex razor HD Gen3 8-36. I'm out of my area of expertise.

You have the budget. Zco or TT. I'd lean with the new zco 8-40.

The new March scopes are supposed to be nice, but I haven't even seen one in person.

For what it's worth, if you really do start shooting how you want, most people around you will be shooting mils. It's nice to speak the same language and not constantly be running conversions in your head. Besides, mils is base 10. Super simple to learn. You'd hate to drop thousands on a scope to realize that you are the only one out on the firing line running moa.

Oh, and the Gen 3 razor 6-36 you mentioned is solid. Nearly TT and ZCO class. Smokes the atacr series in glass quality. You would not be disappointed.

You wouldn't go wrong with an Atacr, but there are better options out there in that price point. NF is relying upon mil contracts to boost the prices for the civ market.

Oh, and the Gen 3 razor 6-36 you mentioned is solid. Nearly TT and ZCO class. Smokes the atacr series in glass quality. You would not be disappointed.

You wouldn't go wrong with an Atacr, but there are better options out there in that price point. NF is relying upon mil contracts to boost the prices for the civ market.

The ATACR size and how the whole eye piece moves through magnification range pisses me off.

Still a nice scope. I would go Gen iii razor over ATACR personally. But with that budget ZCO all the way.

Back
Top Bottom