Long range scope recommendations

You have the budget. Zco or TT. I'd lean with the new zco 8-40.

The new March scopes are supposed to be nice, but I haven't even seen one in person.

For what it's worth, if you really do start shooting how you want, most people around you will be shooting mils. It's nice to speak the same language and not constantly be running conversions in your head. Besides, mils is base 10. Super simple to learn. You'd hate to drop thousands on a scope to realize that you are the only one out on the firing line running moa.
Yet... still can't figure out how I'm supposed to throw mine. Stupid ninja stars

Pick a reticle you like. You've got the budget. Tangent, zco, march, vortex, schmidty, NF, Khales. All will do what you want.

I've got a march high master if you want to take a look through it. Several members on here will let you play with other high tier optics if you ask I'm sure. Only one you might have trouble finding is a Tangent.

I got one of the first night force NXS on the market back in the 90s it was a POS. Went out of focus on a 300 wm PSS every time I squeezed the trigger. But I'm biased now I guess. Maybe they've improved.

I got one of the first night force NXS on the market back in the 90s it was a POS. Went out of focus on a 300 wm PSS every time I squeezed the trigger. But I'm biased now I guess. Maybe they've improved.

I know what ones your talking about. Yes, they have a significant improvement in quality and features. The NX8 and ATACR have huge improvements even over the current NXS line.

Surprised no one mentioned the Zeiss S5 5-25. Has 40 MIL's of elevation and great glass. None of the recommendations are bad/wrong.

Zero Comp , Night force, Tangent theta .....Cant go wrong. I personally shoot competitively with the Zero Comp. All three would be in that price range.

Good luck

Surprised no one mentioned the Zeiss S5 5-25. Has 40 MIL's of elevation and great glass. None of the recommendations are bad/wrong.
Mount selection is an issue. That big ol erector housing for all that travel makes it a little harder. Otherwise its a valid option though limited in its magnification. Another option to consider if they ever ship is the 6-36 schmidty. Supposed to retire the 5-25 according to the Europeans that have managed to aquire one.

Back
Top Bottom