Long range scope recommendations

Thanks for all the input and suggestions. I decided to stick with the brand and reticle I learned/taught myself on. She just came in the mail today. I plan on mounting it up and running it Saturday and holding my extra budget for an upgraded rifle.

Attachments

• 20230705_104613.jpg
    20230705_104613.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 11
Good choice, love mine!

Thanks for all the input and suggestions. I decided to stick with the brand and reticle I learned/taught myself on. She just came in the mail today. I plan on mounting it up and running it Saturday and holding my extra budget for an upgraded rifle.

Good choice, love mine!
Got it mounted up this afternoon and read the book on zeroing instructions. I have a good idea on elevation from mechanical bottom but didn't see how I could apply it with the zero-loc L-lock whatever they are calling it.

You basically unlock both turrets after you boresight. Then when you shoot your first shot you use the zero stop turrets on top of the elevation and windage to zero the rifle. Then lock the zero stops.

Got it mounted up this afternoon and read the book on zeroing instructions. I have a good idea on elevation from mechanical bottom but didn't see how I could apply it with the zero-loc L-lock whatever they are calling it.

I've gained some elevation since my Spuhr mount is 6 MIL/20 MOA. I about 38 MIL's of elevation.

You basically unlock both turrets after you boresight. Then when you shoot your first shot you use the zero stop turrets on top of the elevation and windage to zero the rifle. Then lock the zero stops.
So if I know my identical spec venom was 100 yard zeroed at 20.5 moa from mechanical bottom, I'd screw the elevation to its mechanical bottom, then up to the first zero, notation how far it is, then use the little one on to get the difference and lock them down together? I'm running a 20 moa base on my bolt gun.

I'm using MIL's. You don't screw anything down to the mechanical bottom. You would boresight using the regular turrets. Then when you shoot, that's when you use the L-Turrets to zero the rifle.

So if I know my identical spec venom was 100 yard zeroed at 20.5 moa from mechanical bottom, I'd screw the elevation to its mechanical bottom, then up to the first zero, notation how far it is, then use the little one on to get the difference and lock them down together? I'm running a 20 moa base on my bolt gun.

I'm using MIL's. You don't screw anything down to the mechanical bottom. You would boresight using the regular turrets. Then when you shoot, that's when you use the L-Turrets to zero the rifle.
Interesting. I don't have a boresight I have to shoot mine to zero it.

Back
Top Bottom