• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long Range Shooting - help picking a scope

There is really never a disadvantage of having "too much" scope, its better to have and not need than need and not have. I like a max of 25 power for out to 1400 and 31 out to 2500.

the only negatives with too much power is Mirage, but once again you can dial down. I run 12-18 power for most PRS stages but its good to have the extra power for those extra small targets.

When it comes to hunting I like having GOOD glass max 18 power, normally keep it dialed down but the extra power helps to judge a deer and it also helps to make sure that doe really isn't a button buck.

Not trying to promote myself, but you might want to come out to my fun match on June 10th so you can try out different options. even if you don't shoot the match you might benefit
I would be interested in that match, do you have details listed on the forum

I've been researching this myself and on the fence with either Vortex or Burris. FFP so NIghtforce is outside the budget. I just got knocked off the fence that OpticPlanet is running. The Burris XTR II SCR-Mill in 4x20 with their coupon code (15VPRS) , FREE shipping Plus a FREE $250 gift card. Tough to beat it. $976

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 8.59.00 AM.png

I would recommend a Burris XTR II or the Vortex Gen 2 Viper I would not buy anything less than this. You will find that even with these you will run out of parralex adjustment and have trouble focusing much past 600. If you have the budget I would recommend a Night Force ATACR. All of these in the 5-25 models.

Back
Top Bottom