• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Look at this Brisket!

davidmu39

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
73   0
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg So I went out shopping for a small brisket to smoke for Mother's Day and I happened across this monster. 19 pounds of pure choice beef. She went on the smoker for the overnight shift at 0800!

I've done many briskets but never one this big. Been smoking since 8:00 and my temp is still holding around 225-235 so it looks is good to go for the night.

Did you have to trim much? What kind of rig are you running? Momma should be happy with that present!

Did you have to trim much? What kind of rig are you running? Momma should be happy with that present!

I didn't have to trim much, I like to keep a nice fat cap when I do brisket. I keep the fat side on top. I have a Oklahoma Joe Highland, my free smoker lol, earned some gift cards through our health plan and when I went to pick it up it was on clearance for $200.00 and all I had to pay was tax.

I didn't have to trim much, I like to keep a nice fat cap when I do brisket. I keep the fat side on top. I have a Oklahoma Joe Highland, my free smoker lol, earned some gift cards through our health plan and when I went to pick it up it was on clearance for $200.00 and all I had to pay was tax.
That's awesome! Thanks for the insight as well, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom