• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Look at this Brisket!

Low and slow. I cook mine at 225 to 250 for 1 hour per lb. After cooking a 12 to 14 pound brisket all day you are more than ready to dig in. Can't beat the flavor and it is fork tender.

I'd never even had brisket before until I tried it at Mooney's. There's is outstanding. I'd love to try one on the Egg, but I'm scared. Smoking a pork butt is stupid easy, and always turns out well.

If you think Mooney's is good, you should try one on your BGE! Don't be scared, go for it! I've never yet messed up anything on my Bubba Keg (steel version of a Kamado oven) and I've cooked a bunch of them! I've used a lot of spices, but one of my favorites is just salt & pepper. Oh...and a cup of fresh brewed coffee.

Usually, when I wrap my brisket in foil for the last 2-3 hours on the smoker, I throw in a cup of apple juice, beer, or apple cider vinegar in the aluminum foil before sealing it up. Last summer I didn't have any in the house, so I brewed up some strong coffee and added it to the brisket before sealing the foil. It was awesome!

Check this out: Dr. BBQ’s Brisket Flat

I'd never even had brisket before until I tried it at Mooney's. There's is outstanding. I'd love to try one on the Egg, but I'm scared. Smoking a pork butt is stupid easy, and always turns out well.

I felt the same way until I smoked my first brisket. As long as you go low and slow and watch the internal temp it will turn out fine. In fact some folks do their briskets hot and fast. I finished this one up for the last two hours at 300 - 350 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom