• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for a new wheel gun. Help!

You need one of these!
i48.tinypic.com_23t14jt.jpg

i46.tinypic.com_xf6cnc.jpg

A good first choice would be a 4"-6" D/A .357 Magnum. You can shoot .38 SPL or .357 Mag through it. Watch the handgun section and sooner or later something will come along. I'm partial to S&W or Ruger but a Taurus or Rossi can be a great value and the cost is much less.

Small light weight magnum revolvers are a challenge that has to experienced to understand the sickness associated with those who covet them. Best to save that until later.

Soft rubber grips are nice to have as well.

^^^^^^^^^
Ruger SP101 with the short barrel(I believe mine is 2 or 2.5")
The 180grn Buffalo Bores or HSM "Bear Loads" are a hoot!!!

When carrying for SD, Remington .357 Golden Sabers are a great round-

brockington, you mentioned you liked the Python and the S&W M57. Those are not inexpensive revolvers and rounds for the .41 mag can be expensive and difficult to find. While I would rather have a S&W or Colt, there are other brands that make revolvers that are not as expensive as the S&W or Colt. OK, I had to say that there are other brands, but in reality, there is only one brand for revolvers, Smith & Wesson. If it were me, I would find a nice S&W M586/581 or the satinless version M686/681. Those will shoot .357s all day long, have great triggers and are accurate. I also like what CAMSDADDY said about the M19 or the stainless M66. I would stay with the 4" models, but that is because I just like 4" or shorter barrels.
Anyway, you said you wanted to see pics, well here are the pics of the ones you mentioned and the ones I mentioned.

Colt Python 6"
i48.tinypic.com_dwa0z4.jpg

S&W M57
i48.tinypic.com_b6zwhs.jpg

S&W M586/581
i46.tinypic.com_ot2nsy.jpg

S&W M66-1
i48.tinypic.com_aut4de.jpg

"Anyway, you said you wanted to see pics, well here are the pics of the ones you mentioned and the ones I mentioned."

Boy how I know you hate posting those pics :)
About as much as I hate looking at them

Back
Top Bottom