• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for good, cheap optic for AR9

Smoothie

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
Got a great Freedom Ordinance FX9 and like the accuracy and lightweight of it. 25 yards is no problem (range max), and 100 seems possible. At 25 yards my Burris red dot has good grouping, but no way out to 100. Any recommendations?

Ozark Armament Rhino red dot. 40 bucks on Amazon. I was shooting 20 or coke bottles at about 60 yards the other day. Dot can be red or green, and has several brightness settings.

Has 12 settings, just a dot.
If the dot is a small diameter (3 MOA or less) and it's very clear (not washed out at all) then you can group well at 100 yards. The problem is that most red dots are not what I just described.

I have found this is the best of both. It can be focused to your eye so it is very clear and the center dot is tiny for precision, while the ring makes for quick work in close.
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-spitfire-ar-1x-prism-scope

Don't know what you mean by "cheap". I had a Bushnell TRS 25 on an AR pistol and had no problems hitting tennis balls all over the 85 yard range. I'm sure 100 yds wouldn't have been a problem.

Have a Vortex StrikeFire RD on an AK. Same thing.

I have the trs 25, I guess the biggest issue is the glare/ lack of sunshade. It's just hard to pop fast as compared to taking time and lining up shots.

Ok, I'm officially over the place. Lol
Don't know what you mean by "cheap". I had a Bushnell TRS 25 on an AR pistol and had no problems hitting tennis balls all over the 85 yard range. I'm sure 100 yds wouldn't have been a problem.

Have a Vortex StrikeFire RD on an AK. Same thing.

I'll mirror the Sig Romeo recommendation. Especially the Romeo5 XDR. You can change in between an Eotech style 65moa circle w/dot to just a dot. I think Holosun makes it for Sig which is a good thing IMO.

Back
Top Bottom