• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for good, cheap optic for AR9

I read an article in AR15 magazine and they did a budget build. The used a Sightmark scope and didn't have anything bad to say about it. I was a sub MOA build so the scope had to be half way decent. I have been using Sighmark Ultra Shot ( non QD ) holographic red dots for a long time ( 6 or 7 years ) and they have proved themselves for the little bit of money they cost, around 100 bucks. They have a M spec one that cost 200 and I am going to convert over to that sooner or later. Every time I go to the range it's still right on the mark. So based on my experience with those and what the AR15 mag said it should be a decent little budget scope. The Citadel CR1 1-6x24 is right at 300 at optics planet and is a good price for that type of scope. I have no experience with them. I am just going off what the AR15 mag had and the fact that their red dots are really good for the money. I will dig out that issue and see what they had to say about it. I know it was capable of grouping sub moa stamps at the test range.

They used a Core TX 1-4x24 scope. Now it's no budget scope by no means but it proves their scopes work well. I would imagine the little Citadel might be worth looking at. 1-6X24 would be a perfect power range for a 9mm.

Actually the scope they used was only 239.00... It was a .223 specific scope. They have scopes upward of 700 bucks and more. I just assumed they used a more expensive scope but that would defeat the purpose of a budget build now wouldn't it. LOL

Back
Top Bottom