• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for my first hush tube

I have zero experience with cans. My first can is on order at quiet riot waiting on my tax stamp. Its a 22 dead air mask. I have a Ruger 22/45 tactical and a Henry Frontiersman waiting For it to get out of jail.

When I started down this rabbit hole. I was thinking one multi caliber can. The consensus from what I found was, start with a dedicated 22 can. A dedicated 22lr can will get you in the door and provide the maximum bang (or in this case suppression) for the buck.

A multi caliber can is never going to provide the suppression of a dedicated 22 can. If you buy a multi caliber can, the consensus was, you’ll end up buying the dedicated 22lr can because a multi caliber can just can’t deliver the kind of performance in 22lr, that you’ll get out of a dedicated 22lr ca.

So unless you will never ever shoot 22lr suppressed. Start with a dedicated 22lr, or go big and order a couple cans at the same time. At least that way they’ll all clear jail at the same time.

Three that I’m considering are
Omega 36m
Dead air primal
Bushwhacker 46

Mainly going to use this for 556.
May try putting it on a hunting rifle or 22 at some point.

Anyone have first hand experience with one or all three of these? Just want unbiased opinion and not a gun toober we telling me how good a free suppressor was for him.

Just needs to be multi cal, and reliable is mainly what I’m looking for. Weight and length don’t concern me much.

Any advice would is appreciated.
I'd buy a 30 cal can and a 22 can. You'll really enjoy the 22 can and be glad you aren't filthing up your 30 cal can with 22. Omega 36m is the only one of those 3 I personally have. I like it but I don't know that it's worth the cost over a Resonator.

Back
Top Bottom