• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for some experiential knowledge...

cskiles

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
For those of you that have been through a radical prostatectomy (prostate cancer):

Prostate was removed last Thursday 08/10/23, catheter was removed yesterday at about 1:30pm. I felt like a new man after the catheter was removed but by 1:30am this morning I still had not been able to urinate, definitely had the urge and desire to go (the cramping was serious!) but no joy. Went to the ER at about 2am this morning and they installed a new catheter and told me that this happens sometimes when you have a catheter in for an extended period of time.

Questions 1.) Have any of you guys experienced this? If so, what did the treatment look like to resolve the issue?

Questions 2.) If you have had a similar issue, did you experience the same problem after the catheter was removed the second time?

I have a pretty high threshold for pain, have had two vertebrae my back fused , spleen removed, both feet operated on, sinuses 'roto rooted', etc. etc. - not being able to piss when I needed to was definitely in the top two. Any insight you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Not personally but my brother went through the same. Catheter removed, couldn't urinate, catheter reinserted. It all worked out in the end. Praying for rapid and complete recovery!
At the very least it's positive that someone else 'recovered' from it! Thanks for the reply!!

Back
Top Bottom