• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lost a family member today.

A few years back my daughter rescued a couple of pups out of a trash dumpster, someone had thrown them away. One, after a few yrs., got out of their 1/2 acre pen and was lost forever. 6 years ago we became the new parents to Brutus a black, 1/2 Lab. 1/2 Pit mix. He soon became my wife protector. We called him Brute. I had always promised him that a time was coming that he would not have to stay in a pen and when we purchased the family farm I held true to my word. For the last 2 1/2 years he was his own man, was able to come and go as he pleased. He always stayed close to the farm never straying off.
Went out to feed he and his sister, another Lab./Pit mix we rescued, and he would not come to me. I figured out that it was his time to go so we made him comfortable and he passed peacefully in one of his favorite spots to lay that he could see who was coming and going and the majority of the 12 acres we have. He was 12 yrs old.
He was dearly loved and will be greatly missed.
We love you Brute.
:sad::angel:

Reactions: Nat
We recently had to say goodbye to a companion of almost 15 years - heartbreaking experience - I read somewhere recently the only thing wrong with dogs is, they don't live long enough.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
the only time they break our hearts is when they don't live as long as we do...

It sucks I know, We lost a little one Dec 14, she was 10 & had heart disease.
Brute sounds like a dog anyone would love to have known.
THANK YOU & your family for rescuing him & giving him a GOOD life.
Prayers for you & family to get thru this tough time. Remember the GOOD times w/ Brute.
Take solace that he is pain free. RIP Brute!!!

Back
Top Bottom