• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost one of our finest today.

Spalding County is hurting today as we have lost one our finest in the line of duty. Our deputy survived combat in Iraq and Afghanistan but fell to a coward THUG. Our Sheriff made it quite clear that the perp has killed one of HIS deputies and will be in HIS jail.
Our prayers for his family and friends.
about a mile from my shop. i could hear the shots. when they took him to the GBI, it was about 2 and 1/2 minutes of cruisers that came by.
real sad day.....

Just saw it on the afternoon news and immediately recognized the officer as the one who responded to a wreck I was in a few weeks ago.
He and his partner had a good laugh at my window sticker and we talked about my service dog while we waited for GSP.
Seemed like a genuinely nice guy and he was both courteous and professional.
I hope the dirtbag who did this gets to carry the hottest rock in hell for all eternity.

Ironically, the killer was a veteran (as reported on WSB Radio). I hope the deputy's family will be taken care of financially.
Maybe, I heard the Sheriff say he was 57 years old. A moment later someone from the press said WELL HE WAS A VIETNAM VET WHO WAS OFF HIS MEDICATION. Somehow those numbers don't match up. That was about 5 miles from where I lived until March of this year. Recognized the faces of both men.

Spalding County is hurting today as we have lost one our finest in the line of duty. Our deputy survived combat in Iraq and Afghanistan but fell to a coward THUG. Our Sheriff made it quite clear that the perp has killed one of HIS deputies and will be in HIS jail.
Our prayers for his family and friends.
God bless that deputy and his loved ones.

Back
Top Bottom