• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lube it up.

Bought some of the ALG 0000 Thin Grease to give it a try.

On an interesting note, the directions that came with my STI Staccato-P 9mm specific states NOT to use grease. Grease is all I’ve used on it so far. 5 loads, from 115grn reloads to 124grn +P’s, 800rds total, absolutely no issues.
Been using nothing but Lucas on my Staccato C2. I’m at 600ish and the rails still look super with only a couple of shiny spots.
Been using it on most all since I picked it up couple years back. My Baer is the absolute tightest I’ve owned and it works fine on it so I just keep using it.

Been using nothing but Lucas on my Staccato C2. I’m at 600ish and the rails still look super with only a couple of shiny spots.
Been using it on most all since I picked it up couple years back. My Baer is the absolute tightest I’ve owned and it works fine on it so I just keep using it.

lucas grease?

CDD40730-0AA3-45FF-86F4-9E653E527383.jpeg

Porter Rockwell Porter Rockwell

Not a bad video. He was funny at some points, and i liked that.

The new rifle vs old rifle thing was a good point.

Not sure about the running your guns super wet part, but i do agree you don't have to clean every time unless you're putting like 1k down.

Also not sure about the wd40 thing, but hey I remember the old dudes telling me to dump motor oil in my AK so...

Good perspective though.

*disclaimer - I dont have 4 or 5 decades of experience like some people on this site. These are just my thoughts.
Yeah, it's just one guy's perspective, but John is pretty knowledgeable and I have learned some good info from his channel.

Got the ALG Thin Grease in. It’s thin, but should stay where you put it.

I took the grease that I’ve been using for years, which is Mobil 1 full synthetic automotive grease. I mixed that grease with my homemade Ed’s Red oil until I got the consistency that I wanted. A little thicker than the ALG, but much thinner than the original grease was. I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work, but we’ll see.

Back
Top Bottom