• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lube it up.

Got the ALG Thin Grease in. It’s thin, but should stay where you put it.

I took the grease that I’ve been using for years, which is Mobil 1 full synthetic automotive grease. I mixed that grease with my homemade Ed’s Red oil until I got the consistency that I wanted. A little thicker than the ALG, but much thinner than the original grease was. I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work, but we’ll see.

Cleaned and lubed my STI Staccato-P with my home-mix thin grease. I really like how smooth it is and how it goes on. Action cycles slicker n’ snot on a doorknob.....but it always did. If I have any issues with it on the range, I’ll let y’all know.

Next time I clean and lube one of my AR’s I’ll try the same stuff on it.

Cleaned and lubed my STI Staccato-P with my home-mix thin grease. I really like how smooth it is and how it goes on. Action cycles slicker n’ snot on a doorknob.....but it always did. If I have any issues with it on the range, I’ll let y’all know.

Not related, but just emailed sti to see if I can get a staccato p with a threaded barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome. Have ya tried this on one of your AR’s yet ?

Got the ALG Thin Grease in. It’s thin, but should stay where you put it.

I took the grease that I’ve been using for years, which is Mobil 1 full synthetic automotive grease. I mixed that grease with my homemade Ed’s Red oil until I got the consistency that I wanted. A little thicker than the ALG, but much thinner than the original grease was. I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work, but we’ll see.
I think you’ve shared before but I can’t remember or find it. What goes into your homemade Ed’s red oil?

I think you’ve shared before but I can’t remember or find it. What goes into your homemade Ed’s red oil?

2 quarts synthetic motor oil
1 quart automatic transmission fluid. Brand and spec don't matter.
1 bottle of original STP. The blue bottle.
1 7oz. jar of Hoppe's #9

If you want some, I’ll give it to you, just bring something to put it in. I’ve got most of a gallon jug of it already mixed.

Bought some of the ALG 0000 Thin Grease to give it a try.

On an interesting note, the directions that came with my STI Staccato-P 9mm specific states NOT to use grease. Grease is all I’ve used on it so far. 5 loads, from 115grn reloads to 124grn +P’s, 800rds total, absolutely no issues.

I stopped using it. It separates. It will leave a sticky thick substance on the gun and the liquid part will run off and disappear. It even separates in the container.

Back
Top Bottom