• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LWRC Piston problems

GunNfun

Default rank <750 posts Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Wait...wut?
68   0
Reaction score
took my LWRC Piston upper out today for the first time. Shot a magazine through it. Would have shot more but the bolt is currently seized back in the buffer tube. I checked the upper and I don't see the piston in the top of the upper.

Any body know why? And how I can get the bolt forward?

Ammo was 55gr 223

Thank you

Since it is the first time the rifle has been shot, I would call LWRC and request to have it service....should be 100% free of charge. A buddy of mine had a cycling problem on a brand new REPR and sent it back. All at no charge of course. LWRC didn't give him a real reason why just returned it with a clean bill of health.

So you installed a LWRCI upper on your lower ? Maybe the problem is in the lower, buffer, spring or tube that allowed the LWRCI BC to travel more rearward than it was designed to travel and get hung up back there ?
Yeah this may be it. I was told when I bought the upper that a simple H2 buffer is all you need. With the spring of course. I may beef up both when I get the bolt forward. Could be a busted spring in the buffer.
Thanks

I bought an LWRC upper last year came with buffer and spring specific for that upper.
Pinned to a PSA lower and works like a charm. In for answer.

Back
Top Bottom