Machine shop help?? Rear ATV hub

EVILWS6

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
GTR 300 Rear Hub & Disc.JPG
I have a Interceptor GTR 300 buggy that has needed a specific rear hub for months now. This part has been impossible to find. The GTR 300 rear hub differs from the GTR 250 rear hub, in that the 300 rear hub mounts a rotor to the inner side. I need the 300 rear hub to complete the brake system and make it correct.
Can any machine shop take the remaining good rear hub I have and make another. Would this be too cost prohibitive to do?
i have others messaging me on another forum from as far away as Israel asking if I have solved this issue. So there are more people looking for this hub too and are not having any luck as well.
The rear hub is a 24 spline count with 4x137mm stud pattern. I would change the hubs to something more common,but I already have 2 sets of wheels for it. So I don't want go and buy anymore wheels.
I missed an ebay auction by a couple of weeks for a pair of these with rotors that sold for $152 shipped,but at the time I didn't know I needed them. I have included the pic from that auction.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not a machine shop, but I'll wager it would cost wayyyyyyyy more than you can buy one from a company / eBay .

I do not have both. I only have one. The previous owner rigged up a hub from another buggy and tack welded the wheel studs to it. The hub he used does not have a way to mount a rotor to it,and the caliper has nothing to grab.

Color me confused... Your cheapest bet is to take it to a local trade school and sweet talk the foreman into making it a project for someone. There's always a student or two who is smoking everyone else on their projects and ends up with a lot of free time at the end of the quarter. Next best bet is to find a job shop thats hurting for work and see what their best price would be to do it.

Not really understanding what you're trying to accomplish???

If you're looking for someone to mfg'r a complete rotor/hub assembly...I seriously doubt you'll find anyone willing to take on that task. Any manufacturing defect or item failure down the road could expose that person to a lawsuit.

But, if you're looking for someone to alter an existing part to fit your specific application, that shouldn't be too difficult.

I believe Triple j imports in Norcross has that exact hub in stock. You would need to take it in and match it up. I do lot of parts business with them. They are a wholesale business that imports parts for Chinese made powersports equipment. They have the biggest inventory in the US.

Color me confused... Your cheapest bet is to take it to a local trade school and sweet talk the foreman into making it a project for someone. There's always a student or two who is smoking everyone else on their projects and ends up with a lot of free time at the end of the quarter. Next best bet is to find a job shop thats hurting for work and see what their best price would be to do it.
Never thought of that option.
Not really understanding what you're trying to accomplish???

If you're looking for someone to mfg'r a complete rotor/hub assembly...I seriously doubt you'll find anyone willing to take on that task. Any manufacturing defect or item failure down the road could expose that person to a lawsuit.

But, if you're looking for someone to alter an existing part to fit your specific application, that shouldn't be too difficult.

Trying to accomplish having a new rear hub made from the one good original I have left. I'm not the only one needing this item,so I'm sure there will be others that want to buy one too. But may have to locate the GTR 250 rear hub and maybe modify it to accept a rear rotor if all else fails.

I believe Triple j imports in Norcross has that exact hub in stock. You would need to take it in and match it up. I do lot of parts business with them. They are a wholesale business that imports parts for Chinese made powersports equipment. They have the biggest inventory in the US.

That would be awesome!!! Thank you very much for this info. I'll definitely give them a ring and bring it if I have too.

Back
Top Bottom