• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

major a/c work

Little more info.

From previous diagnosis, its either the compressor

Or it needs all the old 134 pumped and readded... (who does this)

so im gonna go ahead and assume you checked all of your fuses. is it not working at all or only working somewhat? can you cut it on an visually see your compressor is kicking on?

Google ac black death related to your car. I have an 03 Honda that is on its 3rd compressor in 2 years (replaced twice). This second time, we basically replaced the entire system. I used an AAA shop for the 2 year repair warranty, but I can't say I really recommend them for this service.

so im gonna go ahead and assume you checked all of your fuses. is it not working at all or only working somewhat? can you cut it on an visually see your compressor is kicking on?
fuses are fine. I will check this later tonight

fuses are fine. I will check this later tonight

yah make sure its kicking on and that will narrow you problems down significantly. my last one I fixed took me forever to find the issue for, compressor wouldn't kick on and I purged and refilled the Freon under vacuum replaced the compressor and still nothing, ended up having to trace the wire all the way from the relay (also a common thing to go out) and found a broken tab in one of the connectors that ended up fixing it once I ended up splicing the wires together

Don't know about now on these newer ones. But you used to be able to jump over the low pressure switch on the clutch to see if it would engage. Just a thought

Don't know about now on these newer ones. But you used to be able to jump over the low pressure switch on the clutch to see if it would engage. Just a thought

I also don't know about much newer vehicles but this still worked on my 2000. I did it after I replaced the compressor and saw it still wouldn't come on ( really REALLY wish I had done it before I replaced the compressor lol)

Back
Top Bottom