• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Manning, colts part ways after 14 years.

let me go ahead and throw a match on this.......

It is unamerican to say athletes are over paid :d they put butts in the seats and create jobs for tons of people that work in the organizations, the stadiums, vendors, etc, and they generate more than enough revenue to cover their pay. They are employees, so if they didn't cover their pay and also create profit for the owner, they wouldn't have a job. Should the owner get all the money and the athletes just get $50,000 a year?

word x2!!

Let me go ahead and throw a match on this.......

It is unamerican to say athletes are over paid :D They put butts in the seats and create jobs for tons of people that work in the organizations, the stadiums, vendors, etc, and they generate more than enough revenue to cover their pay. They are employees, so if they didn't cover their pay and also create profit for the owner, they wouldn't have a job. Should the owner get all the money and the athletes just get $50,000 a year?

Epic fail.

USA, the only country where grown men play games for millions and actors/models/rock stars make 10x what our paramedics, firefighters, and police officers make.

smartlemming.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_09_weight_scale_out_of_balance_300x225.jpg

Epic fail.

USA, the only country where grown men play games for millions and actors/models/rock stars make 10x what our paramedics, firefighters, and police officers make.

smartlemming.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_09_weight_scale_out_of_balance_300x225.jpg

You're argument is based on principles, ethics, and morals; O.S.'s argument is based on economics, supply and demand. Guess which one the market follows? It doesn't make the situation necessarily "right," but that's how it is.

You're argument is based on principles, ethics, and morals; O.S.'s argument is based on economics, supply and demand. Guess which one the market follows? It doesn't make the situation necessarily "right," but that's how it is.

I didn't make an argument. I stated a fact.

Epic fail.

The only country where movie stars and athletes make more than paramedics and firefighters? Really? I'm pretty sure that if I tried hard enough I could come up with at least one or two other countries that fit those parameters.

OK one of the many countries.

That's a pretty significant difference, the original comment was anti-america, now it is just anti-capitalism.

If I am directly responsibly for bringing in $10 million in profit for a company, is it not fair to be paid $2 million of it?

That's a pretty significant difference, the original comment was anti-america, now it is just anti-capitalism.

If I am directly responsibly for bringing in $10 million in profit for a company, is it not fair to be paid $2 million of it?

I'm not anti-American haha...then again this isn't exactly the America the Fathers had in mind. There is alot wrong with the Capitalist system currently implemented IMHO, but I'm not anti-capitalism either.

Back
Top Bottom