• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mark Richt resigns

Paging "The old ball coach" ??
he has three more years of 4 million a year so I do not think he is very sad, after his coaching against fl this year and sitting chubbs on the bench playing worly and not both shows me he has not got what it takes to win. Letting bo bo call over and over again run off rt tackle knowing everyone even the fans know what play will be called , need new help and I think they will get a good coach from Alabama.

he has three more years of 4 million a year so I do not think he is very sad, after his coaching against fl this year and sitting chubbs on the bench playing worly and not both shows me he has not got what it takes to win. Letting bo bo call over and over again run off rt tackle knowing everyone even the fans know what play will be called , need new help and I think they will get a good coach from Alabama.
I'm sure he isn't sad. I'd laugh all the way to the bank also. I sure hope the high $$ alumni donors get their money's worth from buying out his contract and having to pony up for the next fella, whether it's Kirby Smart from 'Bama or Dofus Johnson from Timbuktuistan.

Richt has already talked to Maryland from reports. UCF has tabbed Scott Frost from Oregon as their head coach. Some talk about Muschamp at South Carolina.

Herman and Smart have been mentioned for UGA, but neither would be interviewed this week. Herman is preparing for the first AAC championship game against Temple and Alabama has the SEC Championship against Florida.

Here is a rumor worth watching.

Kirby Smart - Head Coach
Jeremy Pruitt - Stays as Defensive Coordinator
Tyson Helton - New Offensive Coordinator

Let me again state, it is just a rumor.

Mark Richt is among the candidates being interviews for the Miami job, along with Butch Davis, Greg Schiano, and Dan Mullen of Mississippi State.

I bet he winds up in Miami. Don't know how they'd feel going back to the Butch Davis era (even though he assembled arguably the best group of teams in the history of college football, at least to me) and I'm sure Mississippi State can outpay Miami if they need to. I have a feeling Schiano is going to end back up at Rutgers, Maryland, or even South Carolina.

If Miami wants him they better hurry up and decide, Richt is supposed to be interviewing at Virginia also, and I doubt they hesitate to make him an offer.

Back
Top Bottom