• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MASSIVE TAX ON AR PLATFORM GUNS.

I live north of Roanoke and Lynchburg ( where I was born ). I live in Big Island which is about 12 miles from Glasgow and about 18 from Lexington and Lynchburg is where to to do all my grocery shopping and Pharmacy runs and all that mess is the closest. I live about 20 minutes from Lynchburg. I was born and raised in Bedford that's right between Roanoke and Lynchburg. 460 runs runs Northeast theough Roanoke, Bedford and then Lynchburg. My Immediate family lives in Georgia around Conyers. All of my other family lives here in Big Island on my dads side. On my mother's side Lynchburg, Bedford and Thaxton. Basically all of them live in Bedford County. So I live within 12 to 20 minutes from all of those places except Roanoke its about 40 minutes.

I live north of Roanoke and Lynchburg ( where I was born ). I live in Big Island which is about 12 miles from Glasgow and about 18 from Lexington and Lynchburg is where to to do all my grocery shopping and Pharmacy runs and all that mess is the closest. I live about 20 minutes from Lynchburg. I was born and raised in Bedford that's right between Roanoke and Lynchburg. 460 runs runs Northeast theough Roanoke, Bedford and then Lynchburg. My Immediate family lives in Georgia around Conyers. All of my other family lives here in Big Island on my dads side. On my mother's side Lynchburg, Bedford and Thaxton. Basically all of them live in Bedford County. So I live within 12 to 20 minutes from all of those places except Roanoke its about 40 minutes.

Oh yeah! I've been all through there growing up. My Aunt & Uncle live in Bedford. Used to hang out in Roanoke, Lexington, and whatnot. Been years since I've been back but planning to take a hunting trip.

You're probably a great person to ask. My family owns a few hundred acres up there in Natural Bridge area. For decades, it's just been grazing land for a farmer (family friend). We are considering selling but I also considered using it for a range and hunting leases. What are your thoughts? Think anyone would frequent a place like that? I haven't been around VA for years so I don't know how the people would take too it.

Well Round here everyone has to drive a good ways to get to a decent range so if it was a setup right yeah. Just think of the hunters around there that would pop in to site their Scopes in especially right before deer season. And then people like me who want to shoot more than they can because of the distance. Could set up a nice archery section also. It would be the only range Within at least 30- 50 miles of that location so yeah I think it'd be a great idea. I nominate myself to take on some of the range officer duties keep people to in line, keep the trash at a minimum and have people sweep up their brass. I think it's a we excellent idea.

Well Round here everyone has to drive a good ways to get to a decent range so if it was a setup right yeah. Just think of the hunters around there that would pop in to site their Scopes in especially right before deer season. And then people like me who want to shoot more than they can because of the distance. Could set up a nice archery section also. It would be the only range Within at least 30- 50 miles of that location so yeah I think it'd be a great idea. I nominate myself to take on some of the range officer duties keep people to in line, keep the trash at a minimum and have people sweep up their brass. I think it's a we excellent idea.

Sounds like we'll need to meet up when I come that way. Give you a chance to look at the land, and maybe come up with some ideas.

A gun dealer offered a ingenious way to get around this tax. His idea is to sell Snickers bars for $950. And then sell the AR-15 for $1. That way you're taxed on the $1 for the rifle and regular tax for the 950 Snickers bar. There's always a nice little loophole somebody will find. LOL
I love that ingenuity in my fellow Americans.

Back
Top Bottom