• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mechanic Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The intermittent nature of the problem would direct me to the radiator. As several others have noted, intermittant leaks in modern radiators are not uncommon and can be hard to find.

Thanks. Here’s the note from Carriage Kia. They wanted to keep it and spend another 5 hours taking the engine apart to verify the problem. After they told my wife the engine needed replacing.

We’re going for a second opinion Tuesday somewhere.
image.jpg

Head to block area looking wet "

Screams head gasket.

Before I spent much more money, I'd go old school and put some Block Seal in it, and see what that does.

BUT would like to hear how this is not a factory issue at 80K.

Would like to hear the explanation on what maintenance you're supposed to do to a head gasket you didn't do.

Screams head gasket.

Before I spent much more money, I'd go old school and put some Block Seal in it, and see what that does.

BUT would like to hear how this is not a factory issue at 80K.

Would like to hear the explanation on what maintenance you're supposed to do to a head gasket you didn't do.
With you there but it's out of warranty so I'm screwed no matter what

Cracked block confirmed. $10k estimate for a new one from the dealer.
FML

I’m starting to drink bourbon like it’s Saturday night.

Cracked block confirmed. $10k estimate for a new one from the dealer.
FML

I’m starting to drink bourbon like it’s Saturday night.
That sucks!
Tallant Brothers is where I'd call first for an engine. I don't have a shop to recommend for the install.
I would actually trust the guys at Midas off GA20 down from Northside Forsyth, but, I don't know if they would do it or the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom