• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Med supplies

If you are interested in picking up medical gear at a good price, I recommend Shopgoodwill.com. They have both a Medical and First Aid section and you'd be surprised what all you can find. I bought a huge lot of stethoscopes and both manual and electronic BP monitors, some NIB. I kept one of each for my gear and donated the rest to the Walker County C.E.R.T. which I am a member of. I think I paid about $35 for the whole lot. I've bought several like new and brand new first aid kits from there as well. IFAKs and the older military belt pouch first aid kits turn up on there all the time.

Mic Drop ! I will take Ingenuity any day... That was the message I was trying to get across.. In situations as described, you cant always rely on technology...

Psilloh1 what do you do for a living?

You talk about using tampons in bullet holes and pushing IV fluids for trauma. But you also talk about how vitals don't matter in a basic assessment? none of this makes sense to me.

You talk about using tampons in bullet holes and pushing IV fluids for trauma. But you also talk about how vitals don't matter in a basic assessment? none of this makes sense to me.
You see it too then? That's what i was going on about

If you went back and re read the thread.. Tampons are great for GSW.. nothing better then for SHTF.
Since when is Pulse Oximetry, NIBP, and a Stethoscope considered in a basic assessment with a med pack by any ordinary ODT’er..?

Vitals in regards to med pack where an opp includes his Pulse Oximeter, BP cuff and Stethoscope...

Vitals imperative Obtaining a pulse of reading is worthless when you have no supplemental O2... NIBP is worthless, with no means to start an IV let alone begin Fluid Resuscitation... Stethoscope is useless with no means to get an airway.

Go back and read the whole post.

Yea Respiratory Rate, HR, and Circulation, are where you control The ABC’s until help arrives.. Or you can transport if possible...

You are right I am not an EMT, or a nurse......

well in my very limited experience you will
not find any trainjng or experts that’s says to use a tampon to pack a wound. It’s also being taught now that saline doesn’t do much for trauma it’s all about whole blood these days. In EMR training (the most basic certification the national registry has) they teach to get good assessments using those tools. they are very important to next level providers which may still available in these doomsday scenarios.

well in my very limited experience you will
not find any trainjng or experts that’s says to use a tampon to pack a wound. It’s also being taught now that saline doesn’t do much for trauma it’s all about whole blood these days. In EMR training (the most basic certification the national registry has) they teach to get good assessments using those tools. they are very important to next level providers which may still available in these doomsday scenarios.

And we all know how available whole blood is out in the field......... WTF are you talking about....?!

Do you have any idea how many million liters of Normal Saline have been used over the years..

You are exactly the reason why my stomach turns, thinking you would show up at the scene of an Accident....

You and the Noob deserve each other....

If you went back and re read the thread.. Tampons are great for GSW.. nothing better then for SHTF.
Since when is Pulse Oximetry, NIBP, and a Stethoscope considered in a basic assessment with a med pack by any ordinary ODT’er..?

Vitals in regards to med pack where an opp includes his Pulse Oximeter, BP cuff and Stethoscope...

Vitals imperative Obtaining a pulse of reading is worthless when you have no supplemental O2... NIBP is worthless, with no means to start an IV let alone begin Fluid Resuscitation... Stethoscope is useless with no means to get an airway.

Go back and read the whole post.

Yea Respiratory Rate, HR, and Circulation, are where you control The ABC’s until help arrives.. Or you can transport if possible...

You are right I am not an EMT, or a nurse......
Hmm.... A doctor? A PA?.. ER tech? CNA? I'm shuffling the deck here... what is your level of care? It's not important, you've noted you have 20 years experience, but I am curious

Back
Top Bottom