• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Med supplies

I'm not claiming to be right or wrong, but your perspective and opinion confuses me.

Simply read you buddy’s post in #56 and see if you can figure out why I felt so strongly about what you carried in your personal Med bag and why...? Because, now an untrained, inexperienced, with no medical background thinks that A P.O. NIBP Cuff, and Stethoscope sounds good to have..

Nice!

Simply read you buddy’s post in #56 and see if you can figure out why I felt so strongly about what you carried in your personal Med bag and why...? Because, now an untrained, inexperienced, with no medical background thinks that A P.O. NIBP Cuff, and Stethoscope sounds good to have..

Nice!

Whoa whoa there, mr.buddy has some basic training, he agrees with taking vitals. It just means he disagrees with yah.

idk about not using saline, I'm all about some fluids, but it appears I didn't influence his decision all that much if he has some of that knowledge

Whoa whoa there, mr.buddy has some basic training, he agrees with taking vitals. It just means he disagrees with yah.

idk about not using saline, I'm all about some fluids, but it appears I didn't influence his decision all that much if he has some of that knowledge

Knowledge? Hilarious... So Mr. EMT... How much whole blood do you keep in the Truck? How many units have you hung and ran in? Do you use a Blood Warmer when running it in?. Or do you only Run NS....

This is a Rhetorical question..( That means I know the Answer..)

Basic Training... Really....

Any of those trump a newbie EMT...

'newbie', wow man. You don't know me or my experience. You just know I'm on a ambulance and have been for a couple years. That said, I've heard some really experienced paramedics make dumb statements and seen some bad decisions. That's from all levels of care.

youre right, most do have higher level of care, well.... idk about CNA or ER tech because Advanced EMTs can apply for those jobs. Just curious though, if you're not comfortable sharing your level of care, that's fine.

Knowledge? Hilarious... So Mr. EMT... How much whole blood do you keep in the Truck? How many units have you hung and ran in? Do you use a Blood Warmer when running it in?. Or do you only Run NS....

This is a Rhetorical question..( That means I know the Answer..)

Basic Training... Really....

I havent said I run blood? I said I'm all about fluids, reread the statement. We don't carry blood on the truck. I wanna say life flight guys do, but the ambulance we don't. Got NS and LR. The last couple places I've worked had the same.

He has a basic level of training. Be it EMR or EMTB, he's got something. So calling him untrained is not fair

I havent said I run blood? I said I'm all about fluids, reread the statement. We don't carry blood on the truck. I wanna say life flight guys do, but the ambulance we don't

He has a basic level of training. Be it EMR or EMTB, he's got something. So calling him untrained is not fair

But your buddy who you “Endorsed” as having a basic level of training is off the reservation...

That means you have a credibility issue, if you think he does....

The point is you won’t say where you work and you are talking about pushing saline and plugging holes with tampons. Tampons In wound treatments equal a joke and the industry is getting away from saline and pushing whole blood for prehospital. in fact why did you even mention saline earlier? Even EMR training, a two week class, teaches how important assessments are.

Anyone in this thread go take a TCCC, EMR, or Emtb class don’t listen to people online who suggest tampons in trauma medicine.

Back
Top Bottom