• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Med supplies

Cool story. Why don't you ask someone with a CCP or a FP-C what is carried. And now you want to know i work? It should be pretty simple deductive reasoning for a tactical trauma God such as yourself. You won't even say what level you are, and the hospital your at you can start iv's and wipe ass. Such a Jake

Flyboy... Not a first responder... Let’s clarify..

Not that I care that much about it but because Doctor House still thinks this is crazy I'll leave a few more articles right here.....

"San Antonio is the first large metropolitan city in the nation to begin carrying whole blood inside ambulances and response trucks.

Patients suffering traumatic injuries and losing blood fast now have a much better chance of surviving. And local medics believe it’s the biggest trauma response game changer in decades. The change allows medics to perform blood transfusions after trauma events, such as a shooting, stabbing or major crash, before the patient gets to the hospital."

https://www.mlo-online.com/medics-n...s-in-ambulances-saving-lives-with-whole-blood

"Approximately 100 people each year in London suffer traumatic injuries that result in such serious bleeding that they may die before reaching hospital. The new blood product contains essential clotting ingredients to help form stronger blood clots and replace lost blood volume.

The new blood product will contain red blood cells and plasma as a single unit. London’s Air Ambulance previously used a product that only contains red blood cells (since that was introduced in 2012 as a world first, there has been a reduction in pre-hospital mortality from 34% to 19%). The new study will eventually see medical teams deliver whole blood transfusions at the roadside to critically injured patients in the capital. It is the next step on a journey to delivering whole blood transfusions (which also contains platelets) with the aim to further reduce deaths due to catastrophic bleeding."

https://bartscharity.org.uk/news/whole-blood/

https://www.ems1.com/ems-news/392704048-Texas-fire-dept-now-using-whole-blood-in-ambulances/

Being such a high speed life saver I'd think you'd be interested in staying up on the future instead of playing with tampons....

Not that I care that much about it but because Doctor House still thinks this is crazy I'll leave a few more articles right here.....

"San Antonio is the first large metropolitan city in the nation to begin carrying whole blood inside ambulances and response trucks.

Patients suffering traumatic injuries and losing blood fast now have a much better chance of surviving. And local medics believe it’s the biggest trauma response game changer in decades. The change allows medics to perform blood transfusions after trauma events, such as a shooting, stabbing or major crash, before the patient gets to the hospital."

https://www.mlo-online.com/medics-n...s-in-ambulances-saving-lives-with-whole-blood

"Approximately 100 people each year in London suffer traumatic injuries that result in such serious bleeding that they may die before reaching hospital. The new blood product contains essential clotting ingredients to help form stronger blood clots and replace lost blood volume.

The new blood product will contain red blood cells and plasma as a single unit. London’s Air Ambulance previously used a product that only contains red blood cells (since that was introduced in 2012 as a world first, there has been a reduction in pre-hospital mortality from 34% to 19%). The new study will eventually see medical teams deliver whole blood transfusions at the roadside to critically injured patients in the capital. It is the next step on a journey to delivering whole blood transfusions (which also contains platelets) with the aim to further reduce deaths due to catastrophic bleeding."

https://bartscharity.org.uk/news/whole-blood/

https://www.ems1.com/ems-news/392704048-Texas-fire-dept-now-using-whole-blood-in-ambulances/

Being such a high speed life saver I'd think you'd be interested in staying up on the future instead of playing with tampons....

Haha. Sorry we live in Georgia.. This is not standard of care here.. That is all I care about...

Like I've said before, anyone interested in being more prepared should take training courses. CPR/1st aid, wilderness 1st aid, TCCC, EMR, or EMT-B. There is a community college right now that offers an online EMT-B with in person practicals that can be completed in 8 weeks for around 500 dollars. This would be a great way to start to understand the basics.

I'm still laughing at the fact that this dude said flight medics aren't first responders.

3E4488D6-CC2C-414C-8BC1-82C3EEDF0400.png
03C11407-F598-4E87-8D04-8FE674A45075.png

I am amazed as Level 5 Karate Instructer, Industrial HVAC technician, and now a world famous Flight Paramedic.. How you achieved all this..? Really impressive.........

All the vaccinnations and dental work up to date, crazy glue, iodine, alcohol, Ace bandages, Vasoline, Moleskin, liquid bandage, antibiotics, topical cream, painkillers, sedatives, anti-inflammatories, stimulants, "go" and no-go" pills, multivitamins and mineral tablets. most of it cached. Only half a lb of the above in the BOB. I just dont think that there's much that can be done for serious illnesses and injuries in the field.

Nothing better than plugging holes in the field... they are sterile, and unbelievably absorbent...
Wrong...EBM evidence based medicine my friend, they are not absorbent for **** in comparison to gauze roll or combat gauze. Would love to elaborate more if anyone has any questions, 15 year Critical Care Flight Paramedic as well as a NREMT instructor and the Basic, Advanced and Paremedic Level, multiple deployments to austere locations with real world applications in a tactical environment. Not trying to armchair QB just educate.

Wrong...EBM evidence based medicine my friend, they are not absorbent for **** in comparison to gauze roll or combat gauze. Would love to elaborate more if anyone has any questions, 15 year Critical Care Flight Paramedic as well as a NREMT instructor and the Basic, Advanced and Paremedic Level, multiple deployments to austere locations with real world applications in a tactical environment. Not trying to armchair QB just educate.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17411448

We use surgical tampons everyday in our OR.. See.. we cut off your gauze you apply in the field in the OR... then debrde the wound or wound channel. If we have to do an Exploratory Laparotomy we use surgical tampons to provide hemostasis.

Surgical Tamponades are vital and used in virtually every case from ENT, Oral Surgical cases, thru Thoracic, Cardiac, Abdominal, and even Orthopedic rooms.

Please don’t base your assumption on the value of a tampon prehospital, when a variant of these are used everyday in every OR in the world.

Here’s the definition of Tamponade...
tam·pon·ade
/ˌtampəˈnād/
noun
MEDICINE
  1. 1.
    compression of the heart by an accumulation of fluid in the pericardial sac.
  2. 2.
    the surgical use of a plug of absorbent material.
33 years in Medicine here... Several State Medical Licensures here...

Back
Top Bottom